New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Bellwether

Hotel Bellwether
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Bellingham
DC
“Best towels ever w/ a view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here while attending our nephew's wedding. We reserved the Owner's suite which was a corner room looking at the water from both sides. A balcony was on the marina side. Large single room with comfortable couches, chairs & king bed. Bathroom w/ shower & seperate jetted tub. Double vanities all fresh & clean. the receptionist did say the towels were new & they were super soft & fluffy. Convienent covered parking. Really a nice upscale hotel. Only downside could be availability - other wedding guest commented that they checked too late & hotel was full. Would love to stay again. Thanks for ur hospitality!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank billcrews
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
The Owner’s Suite is my favorite room at the Hotel. We’re so happy you enjoyed it on such a beautiful weekend. Thank you for commenting on our newly upgraded towels as well! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Erin Cross
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently celebrated our 2 yr old's B'day at the Compass Room. The staff was very courteous and food was good. It was a fun experience with a great view...everyone loved it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Neha I
Thank you for your response. The hotel and banquet staff was delighted to host your very special birthday party. Special events like this are very rewarding for the team at Hotel Bellwether.

Erin Cross
Front Office Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have stayed at almost of the hotels in the Bellingham area and Hotel Bellwether is the best by far. The staff is excellent and they make me feel at home. The hotel is luxurious with great views of the harbor. I like it so much that I wouldn’t stay at another hotel when travelling to that area of the state. BTW: I am a frequent traveler with over 120 hotel nights in 2011/2012 and this is the only review I took the time to write. If you are coming to the Bellingham area, it’s worth it to stay here. One more thing, they have real German Hefeweizen on tap at the bar – now that’s attention to detail.

Room Tip: Get a room on the harbor side. If you have a pet, you can bring it too, so ask in advance.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Marilyn K
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Both times I have stayed there I was treated like royalty. Great service and rooms. They even have a putting green outside. The restaurant is good and so is the bar. There are many small touches that make the stay more pleasant, like under ground locked parking area.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the harbor side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rcanaga
Quesnel, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Bellwether several times over the past year. During each visit, I have been impressed by the excellent, friendly staff, nicely appointed rooms, comfortable beds and linens, beautiful bathrooms and a view from the balcony that took my breath away, especially at sunset. On long business trips, it's delightful to be called by name by the front desk staff, enjoy the fireplace in my room, strong dark roast in the lobby in the mornings, and good restaurants just steps away. Thanks, Bellwether. I hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Marti988
California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Hotel Bellwether for my brother's wedding reception. The hotel is beautiful with views of the harbor. The rooms were amazing and all the staff at the hotel are just absolutely wonderful!!!! The front desk personnel, the cleaning personnel, the restaurant personnel and the event coordinators and staff were just exceptional. They are courteous and willing to help you in any way possible to make your stay a pleasant one.
The staff for the reception from the coordinator to the wait staff were just so helpful and gracious. I just can't say enough and will definitely go there again.

Room Tip: The suite is nice if you need a room with a sofa bed and you want a mini kitchen (no stove). Otherw...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stay at the Bellwether a few times a year for work. I have always enjoyed my time here as its hard to not enjoy a jetted tub with bubble bath and a view of the fireplace and tv from the water as well as gloriously comfortable beds.
On this stay however I recieved some terrible medical news and realized I'd need a cab to the hospital ASAP. Upon arriving at the desk the entire staff seemed to genuinely care and rally around me before I could even get words out. Upon requesting a taxi, they declined and the hotel manager (maybe CEO) threw his personal keys to Chris (the restaurant manager that I think was in his break) and I was personally driven to the hospital. Chris even stayed with me until he knew I was checked in and well cared for since he knew I was scared and not on my home turf. He left me with his card, the hotel info and his personal cell number so I could call to be picked up when it was over. Turns out in this city with "small town feel" everybody really does look out for one another, and I felt like I had my Bellwether Family in my corner all day especially my new found big brother Chris. He and the staff really went above an beyond the expectations to make sure I was ok and comfortable. This is not service you find just anywhere, I'll be reccommending this hotel before any other when someone is thinking about visiting the NW.
I cannot thank you enough for getting me through my toughest day.

• Stayed June 2012