“An amazing experience”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I purchased the whale watching cruise through Groupon thinking it would be a fun experience for a friend visiting WA from NJ. When I went to book the cruise through Groupon I mistakenly picked the wrong day. I quickly called Island Mariner to see what I could do and Doreen reassured me she could fix the problem. She didn't have the reservation yet but called me back within the hour and promptly fixed my mistake. She gave me great directions and pointers like wear layers because it can get cold around the San Juans even with the sun shining.

We drove right to their location with the excellent directions and had no problems boarding the boat. The crew was super nice and the naturalist gave great information about the scenery and local history.

We saw plenty of whales and even had pods come right up to the boot. The captain, crew and naturalist were all as excited as we were. They commented that in all the years they have been running cruises they've never seen as much social activity as the whales did around our boat. I know we were extremely lucky to see as much as we did but I'd book with Island Mariner again! Thanks for a memorable experience!

Visited July 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“They Delivered, I saw Orcas.”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I've seen a lot of your reviews where people say it was the best tour of their lives and then rate it a 4 out of 5 stars. Well, how could I give this anything other than 5 stars when I paid to see whales and I did see whales.
The boat was nice with good clean bathrooms. They sold various food and drink options along with some souveigners (which I didn't opt for).

The scenery was breathtaking. I highly recommend this whale watching tour.

Bellingham, WA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Chartered cocktail cruise”
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We chartered the Island Caper for an evening cocktail cruise for 100 guests for my husband's retirement party. Although the boat arrived back from an earlier whale watching cruise a bit later than they had planned, they were able to clean up and prepare for our group very quickly and we were underway in a jiffy.

The crew were very experienced and helpful and provided us with a bartender and assistance with set up. We received many compliments on our choice of venue for this party and it was a great success.

Thanks to the entire staff who made our event such a great success!

Bellevue
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Have a beautiful day”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Got a Groupon ticket fro this one. It was supposed to be raining but it didn't luckily. Could see both resident and transient whales. The crew is exceptionally friendly very knowledgeable guide. It was great fun. Though I think if it is raining then there won't be enough chairs in the cafe for everyone to sit.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Aneesh D
Langley
“Had a really good day!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

we purchased our tickets on Groupon. Very good value for a full day at sea. The crew is very friendly!! You can buy a lunch on board or pack your own lunch. Once we arrived at the spot we saw a lot of Orcas and two swam reight under the boata. It was a great experience! the boat has a lot of room and couches in one area amd table and chairs in a other. easy to get to and i would go again and recommend as well.

Visited June 2012