“Wonderful Boat Cruise, Exceptional Friendly Crew” 5 of 5 bubbles

Island Mariner Cruises
Bellingham
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Boat Cruise, Exceptional Friendly Crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I took this cruise last year with some friends and was very impressed with the boat, accomodations and crew. The naturalist has amazing knowledge of the area and all of the wildlife we saw. I am in the process of booking a cruise with my family and look forward to sharing this experience with them.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank 2020WA

Gig Harbor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Outstanding Whale Watching Excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I recently invited two friends (one from the Midwest and one from Washington) to accompany me on a whale watching excursion out of Bellingham, Washington. While I have been on many whale watching outings, both friends had never had to opportunity until September 10th, 2011.

Everything from the check-in process ( exchanging an Amazon voucher for boarding tickets) to the boat orientation, available and affordable food fare, souvenir selections for purchase and especially the friendly and helpful crew were outstanding. Casey was our "talking guide"; she provided an excellent scope and breadth of information from notable historical figures and history, geography tips, whale facts and whale sighting locations. Thank you to all the Island Mariner crew for showing your best in customer comfort and service.

Visited September 2011
6 Thank FFFDuo
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed our day trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

These guys work hard for their money. They took us on a long trip and we ended up seeing more orcas than we could have imagined - I think we saw all 3 resident pods at one go. We also saw lots of other wildlife too. The food on the boat is not great, but it's cheap, and if you bring your own they'll microwave it for you.

I'm not that easy to please, but I was very happy with this company. They seem like an honest pleasant crew who are truely interested in seeing that their customers have a good time.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank zimberto
Everett
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Island Mariner Cruises - Huge Dissapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We booked a whale watching cruise with Island Mariner Cruises. I've lived in the NW all my life but have never seen the orcas. After a long, tiring day on the Island Mariner Cruise boat, I've still never seen the orcas. I understand that the operators of the whale watching outfit can't absolutely promise that you will see the whales, but in their literature they guarantee that if you don’t see them, you can come back again. Not so! If you have a discounted pass, they rescind the guarantee. That seems pretty darn lame if in fact they do have the success rates they claim to have. Also, in their literature, they claim to have enough seating on the boat that everyone can be either outside or inside. That was also not true. The seating outside was windy and cold with no whales in site, and the seating inside was all occupied. When I called after the cruise to complain and to see if they would honor the guarantee, they were unapologetic. I don’t know if I would have wanted to go back, but the fact that they were so rigid gave me the impression that they are used to rejecting customers who didn’t see whales. If you do decide to take this cruise anyway, take a good book because you will be reading it for the better part of 7 hours while you wait and hope to see whales.

15 Thank NorWesterner