“Dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty dirty is all I can say!”
Review of Bellingham Lodge

Bellingham Lodge
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Seattle
“Dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty, dirty dirty is all I can say!”
Reviewed March 9, 2010

This place is disgusting! The rooms are simply dirty.

Also the continental breakfast is a joke. Stale muffins and cereal were a real treat in the morning! In addition the kitchen where the breakfast is served is very messy. To put it simply, the continental breakfast would be shut down if the health department made an appearance.

Also make sure you get the top floor, because you will hear every footstep from the person above.

Thanks Travelodge! You’re the worst!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jgard7474

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
California
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I booked this hotel on line but knew before hand that not to get my hopes up for TRAVELODGE locations, but coming from staying at the Travelodge Seattle University which was superb, I was not too worried. Great location off highway and slightly secluded and near by all types of ethnic restaurants, gas stations, and a variety of shops. As we drove in, the place looked very run down and paint was coming off the walls. Some of the AC systems hanging from the window looked like they went through a dust storm. The clerk was a Korean lady (not being prejudice because I am Asian my self) had horrible people skills, very demanding, maybe she was PMSing. We requested to look at a room as we do w/ many economy hotel chains. As we went in it smelled like mildew mix w/ a hint of crap! Keeping in mind I had ask if the hotel had been recently remodeled and she said YES....may be in '07 when the reviews of this place was reasonable. The carpet was coming off the floor. Paint patches on the wall and the only thing of "DECOR" in the room was the 15" generic flat screen. This room looked like it was rented by the hour, if you know what I mean. Not wanting to get sick we got out of there in a hurry and headed down to the DaysInn hotel, which was a little bit more expesives but great as I am writing the review in their very nice hotel room right now.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bellingham hotels

Northern California
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I booked this hotel online. I have stayed in Travelodge's many times and have always found them to be perfectly fine for an overnight stay. I assumed (wrongfully) that there is some kind of quality control when it comes to chains such as this.

This motel was in one word GROSS! If it wasn't for the fact that we got in at 1am we would have turned around and walked out. As it was, we never took our shoes off as the carpet was so filthy and the place smelled like dog poop, probably because, as we noticed the next morning as we were running out of the place, there was dog poop in the hallway leading to our room.

There are plenty of places to stay in Bellingham, so my strong suggestion is to stear clear of the Travelodge!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Indiana
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I read a lot of bad comments about this place but stayed there anyway since the price was the lowest around. I found this place quiet, clean, and more than adequate for a quick 2-night stay. Now I wouldn;t want to make a vacation of the place, it isn't a good honeymoon spot or a place to take your spouse to on your anniversary, but if you want clean, cheap, basic rooms, I think this place will do just fine. It is older, a bit worn in some things but otherwise I'd stay again. Restuarants nearby or just a quick drive to downtown Bellingham to find upscale brew pubs near the University. About 1-1/2 hours to Mt Baker ski resort.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Booked a room for Saturday night, because of the great value. After reading some of the highly negative reviews, I must admit I was having second thoughts. But, we forged on ahead, and we had a great stay. The room was very clean and comfortable, bathroom was spotless, a nice quiet location, and we slept very well. Very friendly, helpful front desk. Don't know where all the negative reviews came from, we enjoyed our stay, great value, and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed June 15, 2009

If you want a good night's sleep, don't stay here. You can hear the people in the room above you walking around and using the washroom. The room was not cleaned properly at all, the cleaning staff must've made the beds and walked out. The tub was still dirty, there was an old coffee cup still left on the table and the garbage was not removed from the room. As for showering, the water pressure changed frequently and the water ran cold half way through everyones shower. The hotel also double charged us because we were there during graduation ceremonies at the University. The average nightly cost is about $45 and we were charged $89. Our room keys were disabled after one night although they had pre charged us for two nights.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Several friends and I stayed at the Bellingham Travelodge overnight while attending a nearby soccer tournament. For the price we paid and what we needed, this hotel suited us just fine. The room was very basic and had exactly what you'd expect from a hotel room: beds, TV, phone, closet, towels, soap, and shampoo. Most important, though, was that the room and linens were clean.

Following a long day of soccer, we took advantage of the hotel's pool, hot tub, and sauna. Be forewarned that, like the size of the hotel, all of these amenities are very small. Nevertheless, they did the trick for a quick and relaxing dip. Showers are provided in nearby bathrooms, and the facilities are accessible via a keycoded gate (the access code is provided by the front desk staff).

The hotel itself is very conveniently located near I-5, Western Washington University, other hotels, eateries, a supermarket, and several coffee shops.

Overall, my friends and I got just what we wanted: a cheap and clean place to crash for the night.

• Liked — Cheap and clean
  • Disliked — Small pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
BellinghamTravelodge, Owner / Manager at Bellingham Lodge, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
Thank you for staying at Bellingham Travelodge and reviewing our hotel at TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your business. We do strive to maintain clean, well-furnished rooms at competitive rates while providing expected and valued amenities and service. We're glad you would recommend us to your friends.

Thanks again,