“Great Hotel For The Price”
Review of Bellingham Lodge

Bellingham Lodge
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I and our 9 month old son stayed there for 3 nights and the stay was great. The staff was very friendly. The pool is small but not that bad. The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean. And the cleaning lady was very nice. Nothing bad to say about the hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Bellingham Lodge

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The smell,stained carpet,walls and furniture had us checking out an hour after checking in. I feel like im contaminated and im actually honestly worried I may have a bug or two from there. I do not suggest staying here at all. My husband and.twin boys are happy to be home.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank momfive05
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This was my last night of a 5-day road trip and all I needed was a cheap clean bed. What I got impressed me. I had already stayed in other more expensive hotels and experienced problems that the Lodge did not have.
They offered breakfast with the semi-standard waffles cereal and oatmeal. However, they offered a nice touch when the hotel owner (who was running the front desk that morning) offered to make the waffles for me! The rooms were clean and even had a small fridge. My only minor complaint is that it is an old building with thin walls but it wasn't an issue when I stayed.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This property is old and in need of a facelift, but my room was clean and comfortable. for the money this hotel is a great value if you can look past the rather worn carpet and mouldings. I had a nice quiet night and a good waffle for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FridayTravel
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Don't use garnier fructis shampoo in your room because they will accuse you of smoking drugs and call 911. We've had to wait for the police to come just to get the deposit back. This nearly doubled the cost of our room. Very unhappy.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed October 14, 2013

First, I'd like to mention that we found the security / key system of the hotel very acceptable - perhaps it has been upgraded since some earlier reviews. We were also pleased to have an on-site, alert front desk clerk available for late check-in. We also were pleasantly surprised that the street noise was not bothersome (and grateful that our hallway neighbors were quiet).

However, this hotel is DIRTY, dirty, dirty...in every way. The hallway was filled with trash - empty tobacco tins, beer bottles, food trays, etc... The room had crunchy carpeting and a sticky bathroom floor. Even the clock radio was sticky. We inspected the sheets carefully, and they seemed acceptable. Due to our late check in, and one-night reservation, we decided to make the best of it and stay, but had no desire or appetite to take advantage of the free breakfast. I can't imagine the kitchen being any more clean than the rooms, since they are managed by the same staff. We certainly would never stay here again, and are passionately urging our friends to avoid the place, as well.

Room Tip: Arrive early enough to have options if you find your room unacceptable - either to switch, have it r...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KC_Rochester
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We debated about staying due to some reviews but in the end we wanted a cheap motel with a pool, we were more than pleasantly surprised, the rooms were lovely, modern and with good facilities, the staff were really helpful and the breakfast even included freshly cooked waffles. Not only was there a small pool but also a hot tub and sauna, great after a long drive. You could walk to shops and restaurants. Great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple