I was traveling on vacation and ended up staying in Bellingham since Burlington hotels were full. I was here for two nights. Bottom line: Would stay here again.
The below average:
1) Hotel was being remodeled with no work actually seen being done. The lobby was torn up and the breakfast area was in a side room. No place to really unwind other than your room.
2) Skimpy on the hotel conveniences - no mouthwash or any extras. Just shampoo, conditioner and lotion. I like mouthwash.
3) No minifridge. What sorcery is this? I like cold drinks in the morning and to occasionally hoard leftovers for weird breakfasts. Boo.
4) Wifi speed. Horrible but all 3 Hamptons I stayed in during my trek through WA state had good speeds. 1.2 down and .87 up. Use your phone instead.
5) Hallways could get noisy. The Fox Hall event center brought mildly celebratory and intoxicated guests back into the hotel at weird hours. Ask for a third floor room. It will help.
6) Air temp in the room varied a lot. I'd wake up sweating in the night with the thermostat on 66. Did not like.
The above average:
1) A HYDROSWIRL! The room we were in came with a jetted tub. I never used it but it was nice having a place to put bathroom stuff and prop up for shaving.
2) Loveseat - I liked the loveseat in the room instead of a tiny, tiny chair.
The met expectations:
1) Breakfast was typical and bare bones. Only had meat-based protein once while we were there in the morning. Didn't always have eggs either. Nothing special. It did have the industrial grade oatmeal though. Get your fiber.
2) Bed. Hampton Inns always have nice beds.
3) Location - close to I-5, was what we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern hotel off Interstate 5 is a 1-mile drive from Bellingham International Airport and a 6.5-mile drive from Whatcom Falls Park. All rooms include free WiFi and custom-designed beds, plus both full and lap desks (for working on the bed), flat-screen TVs with HD channels and coffeemakers. Some come with microwaves, mini refridgerator, pull-out sofas and whirlpool tubs. Amenities include a free on-site hot breakfast (daily) and weekday breakfast bags to go, as well as a fitness center and outdoor pool. There's also free parking, a free airport shuttle, a business center and meeting space for 200 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport Hotel Bellingham
- Bellingham Hampton Inn
- Bellingham Airport