“True to the Hampton/Hilton brand”

Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very clean rooms, comfortable beds, convenient to Bellis Fair and outlets shopping, airport, overnight stop on I-5. Friendly, helpful staff, good parking. Head and shoulders above all other motel brands. Great value. Enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great place to stay if flying out of Bellingham Airport. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The property is well maintained, the rooms clean, the beds very comfortable. The free door to door shuttle to the Airport is a real asset!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne A
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is absolutely the worst hampton inn you will ever find. We always stay at the Hampton. this one is horrible. The carpet in the lobby is nasty as are the room carpets. The bathrooms are nasty! the room smelled. avoid at all cost! This Hampton is like a Motel 6!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hondo h
Alex N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and we are very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. We are working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. We are also currently undergoing a renovation of our lobby and will be making changes in this area. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here last weekend as it was a convenient stop over on my way skiing. The hotel seemed to be fully booked based on the parking lot. It seems a lot of people stay here since it is close to Bellingham Airport and it is just off the 405 Fwy.

I found the staff to be friendly and pleasant, and the rooms to be clean and spacious. I would stay here again in a minute. I was pleasantly surprised to find the complimentary breakfast in the morning seemed to be well laid out and well stocked.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2013

In a moment of weakness,and with fond memories of good experiences in its sister properties back east, I stayed here last week prior to a departure from BLI. Big Mistake. The pleasant ,airy rooms I remember have been "updated" with an attempt to create a funky industrial warehousey feel. You've got to be kidding. And one would think that Hampton Inn, one of the pioneers of the complimentary hot breakfast buffet, would have the formula down pat. Wrong again. The hot food had a plasticy, pre-packaged taste that was immediately off-putting. Hilton can do much better and so should inquiring guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank geejaysee
Alex N, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2014

First off, I want to apologize that we have missed your posting by almost 2 years!
This is not how we want to treat our guests and their feedback.
Your feedback is critically important and I want to thank you for it. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of your breakfast you experienced during your stay. We since made many improvements to our offerings and welcome a chance for you to try us again. We hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Alex Nephew
Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport
360-676-7700
alex.nephew@hilton.com

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed for an overnight pending a flight out of Bellingham. This place meets the usual standards for this chain of a decent, clean room and a passable included breakfast. Parking and wi/fi are included and the breakfast includes a waffle maker along with a couple of hot entrée choices. If you want to leave your car there while you are away, they do have package deals and a free shuttle to the airport. There is an outdoor pool that looks like it would be nice in the Summer months.

Unless you want Greek food, you will have to drive to any dinner place as nothing is else is within walking distance. Overall, I would recommend it as good value.

Room Tip: This is a typical road side in so if traffic noise bothers you, ask for a room facing the rear of th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is basically OK if you just need a place to sleep and don't have high standards, but I have three issues that, to me, are unacceptable for a hotel in this price range, and not up to the standards of other Hampton's and Marriott's that I frequent:

1. The internet is a joke. I'm lucky if I can get 0.30Mb/s. It's 2013 . . . there is no excuse for this, and this alone is reason enough for me not to stay here again. I'm on vacation, but I need to stay connected for business, and this is simply not functional.

2. No refrigerator in the room.

3. I can CLEARLY hear the people above me every time they take a leak. It sounds like they're pissing in a fish tank right next to my head. This is quite disturbing.

Everything else is about the same as your typical outdated business hotel. The place is relatively clean, the beds are relatively comfortable, and it has easy access to the freeway.

On a positive note, the Greek restaurant next door is really good. Easy access to good food after a long day snowboarding is important.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Racer20
Alex N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Racer20, I will start by saying thank you for your comments. Without guests telling us what we need to work on we would not be able to make improvements. Everything you stated in your review was absolutely correct. I can confidently say that if you ever choose to stay with us again you will not have the internet problem you were having. We have a technician coming out in a week or two to increase our bandwidth. We have been aware of this issue and have been taking steps to improve it. Since we are an older property the original intent was not to have refrigerators in the rooms, because of that reason we have portable fridges that you can ask the front desk to have sent to your room. We know people have needs for a fridge and want to accommodate them. I agree we should have it better posted. Thanks again for your feedback.