All reviewshi expresscinnamon rollsyogurtfront desk staff were very friendlypancake machinefirst floorcomplimentary breakfastbiscuits and gravynext morningbellis fair mallrooms are cleanfridge and microwaveparking lotbooked this hotelbed was comfortablenice staystayed one night
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel using reward points. First of all this is a very nice hotel. Unfortunately they took advantage of me. I booked at 15,000 points per night for two nights. Oddly, two weeks prior to check in all 30,000 points were returned into my account. I called to confirm the reservation and was assured there was no problem. I questioned why the points were returned and was told not to worry about it. Here's the kicker, the day after my stay they charged me 30,000 points per night...60,000 points! They apparently raised their redemption rate without telling me and charged me for a rate that I never agreed to, after the fact. How sleazy is that? As a Platinum member I am really horrified that they would do this. I would have never booked an HI Express at that rate and clearly won't be back.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike M
HIEBellingham, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Dear Mike,

We apologize about the issue with your IHG reward points and how you felt tricked on how it worked against you. Unfortunately we at the hotel do not have any control on redeeming the points or adding the point to your account. That is solely through IHG Rewards Club. Being a Platinum member we do appreciate your loyalty. Please contact IHG Rewards Club and mention your Platinum status to see if they can provide you with some compensation for this inconvenience. Here is there number 1-877-275-7258. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

The room had everything that I needed. The wifi was fast, the shower powerful, and the room was quiet. Note however that the window opens only an inch, so if you love fresh air you will be out of luck.

The room had a mini fridge with freezer compartment which was really great for keeping the ice pack frozen.

The parking is close by, outdoors and unsecured. The hotel is close to the Bellis Fair mall, other shopping and restaurants.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Bellingham recently and we were pleasantly surprised at the very low noise level in the room. The hotel is only a few blocks from the freeway, but we heard absolutely no car or truck noises at night - so we got a nice restful night's sleep. The room was immaculate, the bed was super-comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. All in all a great value for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the hotel - to be away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
HIEBellingham, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2018

The location is great close to border. And as far as hotels in the area this is one of the nicer cleaner options it appears. I decided to stay based on reviews and was not disappointed. It was clean and comfortable. Rooms were typical for Holiday Inn Express and the lobby was clean. small pool and outdoor sitting area. The breakfast was above average and they of course had cinnamon rolls which kids loved. All in all a good quick visit and staff were cordial as well. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review! We love to hear that our guests are enjoying to stay with us. Please return soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

There isn’t anything unique or special about this place. However it is very clean and updated. The breakfast was solid and the price was reasonable. I liked the multiple different pillows with varying degrees of softness and firmness so you could find what works for you. Family friendly with lots of kids eating cinnamon rolls at breakfast. Staff were all pleasant.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business

I am glad you enjoyed the variety of pillows to give you a great night's sleep. Thanks for taking the time to give us a review.