“Great front desk staff”

Holiday Inn Express Bellingham
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stay here every time I go to Bellingham the rooms are clean and beds are fantastic The front desk staff are awesome, always ready to help you.Although there're is no restaurant in the hotel they have great continental breakfast.I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We are glad you visit us everytime you return to Bellingham, thank you for your loyality.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Summary: My stay was just an overnight for business. I got in late, and left on the early side. I'd go back, as it suited my needs, and it was clean, quiet, had a safe place to park, and while I think it was a tad overpriced, it seems like it was close to the market rate. Its Internet/Wifi was not useable for me for any purpose, not email, not Google; it was much slower than glacially slow.

Pros: very firm bed & nice soft pillows. The beds are VERY well made. In most hotels, the undersheet comes undone just by looking at it, but the undersheet at this hotel stayed put for the whole night. I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel before where the bedsheets actually fit the bed and stayed where they belonged through an entire night, so this hotel performed well above expectations. The bed was a bit firm for me, though, and I like a firm bed. The bathroom was clean (A- grade), but the bathtub could have used a quick double-check. Nothing serious; more of an imperfection than an issue. The decor is fine, and the room lacked a couch, though it had two desk-chairs and an office chair with casters. It had a nice big LCD TV, a good-sized fridge, a coffee maker, and some popcorn and similar things, all of which looked good, but I never used any of them.

Cons: I had some issues getting the AC tuned to a comfortable spot. I had to turn it up to full blast to stay comfortable, but then it got too cold; as a result, I did not get a great night's sleep (maybe it was just stress, I don't know), though the blankets were enough to keep me OK. The floors were clean, but the structure of the floors felt spongy, not firm. The walls were not thick, so I could hear my neighbors, but it was not annoying, even though I am sensitive to noise. When I turned the AC on, I could no longer hear my neighbors, which was good. I was fortunate to have good neighbors, so I did not have a problem here, but I can imagine less considerate neighbors being an issue. My room was near the stairwell, and while I was never awakened or disturbed by it, that door slams like a thunderclap. I can see this being a real issue if your room is close to that door. The free wifi was a farce. It took a few minutes just to load the login screen. It was too slow to use Google, check email, or use it at all. Don't advertise it if it is not even minimally useable.

Conclusion: I am picky about the hotels I stay in. It needs to be quiet, in an area where parking is not an issue, and clean. So, this hotel met my criteria. It was clean, my car was safe, my neighbors did not bother me, and I had a peaceful night in a very well-made bed. I am being nitpicky in this review, but I was quite satisfied with my stay, and I'd go back. I think, for the money, it would be hard to do much better. All I'd do is demand a room very far away from the stairway. Breakfast was free and OK.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the stairwells. I was on the top floor, which I'd suggest, since I can imagin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we appreciate all feedback we recieve. We appreciate your honesty, so that we may better our hotel.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I actually stayed here twice in the same week. It was a wed to fri then monday to wed. The first stay was fine but there was a bus of young people on Thursday night and they were very noisy, slamming doors and talking loudly in the hall at 1 am. I never called the desk because I kept thinking they would stop. My next visit was better, much more peaceful. The breakfast is always good and I like the pancake maker. The staff is also very nice and helpful

Room Tip: The elevator is slow so I always use the stairs
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

We are pleased to hear your second visit was much better than your first, and that you were willing to give us another try! Thank you for your review as well, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stays were. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

When we got to the hotel we had 3 rooms booked under our last name through our Lacrosse team and they had misplaced one of our reservations. It felt like they didnt do to much to accomidate. They stuffed 4 of our players in one room with a double bed and 2 cots and apparently we were supposed to be thankful. However....It was clean, close to all ammenities, shopping and restaurants. The rate we paid was average and if needed we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shellie H
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

I apologize that this has happened to you, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We do appreciate knowing how we can improve on our services.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here the night before flying out from the Bellingham Airport. It's closeby, and there is a rate where you can leave your car and pick it up upon return (by taking a taxi that the hotel pays for, to and from the airport). Front desk staff were friendly, and the room was nice and comfortable. The hotel is just down the road from a mall, and from an Olive Garden restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cheri K

We are glad you enjoyed the Park and Fly package and found it convenient to use. We appreciate you letting us know that it worked well for you. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is a great little getaway for a quick vacation, especially if you are coming from north of the border. It is in the heart of the main shopping district, so it makes a great little family getaway. It is not too far from downtown bellingham or fairhaven, so it is a great launching point for sightseeing. The indoor pool is a big bonus, well maintained, and is always a great source of fun. The breakfast buffet will not dissapoint, with eggs, bacon and the usual delights. the rooms are older decor, but are clean and roomy. The beds are reasonably comfy. The staff are great.
In the same parkinglot, you can walk over to Capt. Jack jrs. family entertainment centre, and play fun games like skee ball, and air hockey.

Room Tip: The kitchenette suites are great for families, stop at Target and get lots of goodies to fill the fr...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian n

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and ventured out into our city. We realize life is busy, so we are so grateful for you taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location, lots of parking, clean rooms, pool small but adequate with nice size hot tub, nice lobby space and outdoor patio area. Best part was the free breakfast. Best free hotel breakfast I've ever had. Eggs were soft and tasted real not plastic like some buffets, cinnamon rolls were hot and everything seemed fresh; bacon, sausage, many pastry options.
I would have liked a comfy lounge chair in the room but otherwise it was great.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013

We are pleased you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, thank you for taking the time to let us know and also for leaving such a great review, we appreciate both!