“Great stay, would definitely stay again”

Holiday Inn Express Bellingham
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location, lots of parking, clean rooms, pool small but adequate with nice size hot tub, nice lobby space and outdoor patio area. Best part was the free breakfast. Best free hotel breakfast I've ever had. Eggs were soft and tasted real not plastic like some buffets, cinnamon rolls were hot and everything seemed fresh; bacon, sausage, many pastry options.
I would have liked a comfy lounge chair in the room but otherwise it was great.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

We are pleased you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, thank you for taking the time to let us know and also for leaving such a great review, we appreciate both!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed a few nights at this Holiday Inn- Had no problems finding the Hotel and enjoyed our stay there. Close to retail stores and restaurants. Rates were fair so I booked another room for my brother-in-law who was coming down to go to Vegas with us..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank freddy1020
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We are glad you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed your stay here enough to book again! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is very easy to find, is right in the middle of many retail stores and restaurants. As with most chain hotels these days, breakfast is provided. We were there for three days and two night to participate in a skating competition in the nearby town of Lynden. Even though breakfast is officially served starting at seven in the morning, we needed to be out on the road before six a.m.. The staff was very friendly and offered to go into the supply room/area to get us anything that didn't require heating for our breakfast. Yay! Our kids were able to have bagels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and muffins. They also had hot coffee ready early enough for us to have before we left. They did it with a very helpful attitude. We appriciated it very much.

1  Thank WeLoveTravelandFood
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time here. I am glad you were still able to get breakfast items before skate time. We look forward to hosting for the competition again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The front desk manager was so helpful when we forgot something in our room after checking out. Went out of his way to contact us and help retrieve what we left. We stayed on the 3rd floor and the room was very comfortable and we didn't hear any noise at night. Great room for the price. We'll be staying here when we visit Bellingham.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan R

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate the review and the future business.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in early February. When we got home I noticed what appeared to be “bites” on my body. I phoned the hotel, long distance, and asked them to check the room for possible bed bugs because I was concerned. At the time, I also asked for the manager to call me back (because he or she wasn’t in then) so that I could find out if they found any bed bugs in the room. Still hadn’t heard anything so by Tuesday afternoon I e-mailed the hotel and again asked for someone to contact me to let me know what they found out. Still no response. So finally by Friday I phoned again, at my expense, to ask to speak to the manager. She apologized to me about not getting back to me very quickly (a little late for an apology by then). I asked her if they had checked the room and she said yes and that they had found NO bed bugs. I told her that I had gone to the doctor and the doctor felt that I had some kind of bug bites on me. The manager then said that she would think the bites would more than likely be flea bites because they often have pets in their rooms. Regardless, getting flea bites was just as unappetizing to me as possible bed bugs. Anyway, I stressed all week worrying that there was a “possibility” I had brought bed bugs home with me in my clothing or luggage. My point is that if the manager had done the courtesy of responding to my concerns in a more expedient fashion I wouldn’t have had to worry all week. As far as I’m concerned that is terrible customer service, especially given the seriousness of the concern! We have stayed in Intercontinental Hotel chain hotels for years and this has left a bad taste in my mouth. I will certainly avoid staying at this particular hotel in the future and will also tell family who live in Bellingham, not to recommend it to anyone!

1  Thank Ichabod8312
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I apologize that you received such poor customer service and that we did not met yours or our standards.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Will not visit this property ever again. Clerks were not pleasant, hotel was average at best. Other guests were complaining and clerks were laughing and talking about them. Lodged a formal e-mail complaint and explained all our issues and guest services basically did nothing, did not even offer an apology. Would never stay with this brand again.q

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christine l
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

We apologize that our staff fell short of the excellence we strive for. Thank you for letting us know as we appreciate all feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to email at dos@hiebellingham.com.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you want a good nights sleep, don't stay here. We were on the ground floor, so perhaps the top floors would be better. We could hear everything from the room above us. Anytime someone was using the shower, toilet, etc in any room nearby the pipes were very noisy. Rooms need to be updated, but were clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HIEBellingham, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, as we appreciate all feedback. We apologize that we did not meet your expecations or ours. It is guests like you that help us make improvements.