“ONLY LOCAL WINERY WE GO TO NOW!”

Vartanyan Estate Winery
Ranked #35 of 81 things to do in Bellingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Just 5 minutes from exit 255 I-5 there is a boutique Winery with its excellent wines to enjoy. Small, women owned and operated winery by Margarita Vartanyan produces some of the finest limited edition Wines. Share the beauty and the bounty of magnificent Mount Baker view from our Tasting Room/Gallery or outside patio with the fireplace.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“ONLY LOCAL WINERY WE GO TO NOW!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Vartanyan is BY FAR the best whatcom county winery out there! My husband & I are big wine lovers and we have been to every winery in whatcom county several times.... but we always come back to Vartanyan! I'm addicted to Margarita's Trilogia! Grab a couple of friends and come out to one of her Friday or Saturday night concerts! You'll be amazed! If you haven't gone to one of her barrel tasting parties, you need to! I highly recommend Vartanyan Winery! Norma (James) Rowland

Visited July 2012
1 Thank rocknrowlands

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Our favorite winery”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We absolutely love everything about this little winery. Margarite makes unusual wines and we always look forward to visiting with her. She is my favorite winemaker!

Lynwood
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth Planning for”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I plan a few trips a year to Canada to ski and we always make a stop at Vartanyan for lunch a sampling of wines. It is a women owned business and they care very much about their wines and quality and are very nice people. You cannot beat sipping wine, having a great lunch while you are staring at the Mountains!

Visited January 2011
Bellingham, Washington
“Beautiful view – great wines”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I went there with my girlfriends. A beautiful view of the Mountain Baker from the patio makes this a wonderful place to hang out. The wines are great too. The owner was fantastic. She was very knowledgeable and friendly. This is a place to visit, enjoy the views and the wines.

Visited May 2011
Bellingham, Washington
“Best winery in Whatcom County”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

The wine is amazing and matched by the fabulous view of Mount Baker. Vartanyan winery is very close to town just minutes away from I-5. I highly recommend a visit to the tasting room for an enjoyable experience with wine maker Margarita Vartanyan.

Visited May 2011