“Cute and delicious little cafe”
Review of Ciao Thyme - CLOSED

Ciao Thyme
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flora
Transit: We are just 2 blocks from the downtown transit station
Description: June 1st marked the final day of the Ciao Thyme lunch cafe and current version of the CT2GO program. We have loved serving you in our cafe for the past six years. We’ve made many new friends, seen tons of happy people as they discovered Ciao Thyme, had a wealth of fantastic employees, and produced over 72 unique lunch menus! Whew! We added a CT2GO program that sent meals out for family dinnertime, business events, supper parties, holidays and celebrations. As we begin our 18th year in business, it’s necessary that we reimagine and refocus on our mission to bring great food to Bellingham through events, classes and culinary experiences. We need your help to spread the word that Ciao Thyme is NOT closing—just refocusing. We must change our tack, and we hope that you will sail into the future of Ciao Thyme with us. Please sign up for our mailing list, so you will be the first to know what’s new at Ciao Thyme. Who knows what we will cook up next!
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Awesome food that is all locally sourced and seasonal You can tell there are some serious cooks in the kitchen at this place! Not cheap but so worth the quality of the meal. A must try for a special luncheon!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had a great evening in my knife skills class taught by Mateo. He was clear in his direction and really entertaining. We finished up with the most amazing spread from our hard work. The ingredients that he used were really top notch and his personality made it more of a show than a chore.

1  Thank Stacy Z
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This restaurant has finally decided to serve lunch Tuesday - Friday from 11am - 3pm.

Meals are served cafeteria style. That is, you walk in, stand in line, place and pay for an order which will be brought to you at your seat. The room you place your order in has a few counters with seats, but there is a much larger room with communal tables in an adjacent room. They offer three fixed menus at $18 each which includes tip and tax. You can order the entire menu or a la carte off each of the three menus. You can also order a bowl of soup with a side salad and a fresh roll for $15. This is truly gourmet food served very quickly. You don't have to wait around for a waitress to take your order, and you don't have to wait for your bill at the end. Great for working people on a lunch hour.

Now for the food. My husband had a porchetta sandwich - rolled pork belly and shoulder stuffed with fresh sausage on a rye roll with harissa mayo and kale slaw. I chose a quinoa and black bean salad with fresh lime tortilla chips and guacamole picosa and for desert I had an apple galette. It was all delicious. However, I think we made a mistake not ordering the entire meal. My husband's sandwich would have included brussel sprout gratin with brie and parmeggiano bechamel and bacon as well as a spiced butternut squash soup, pepitas, and creme fraiche Mine would have added a braised beef torta and a white bean and green tomato soup. Next time, we'll go whole hog. Just hope I will still have room for a desert. The deserts are ideally sized (which, to me, means small) and delicious. My apple galette was $4.

2  Thank BellinghamLass
Reviewed August 6, 2011

You have to plan ahead, but the experience all around is worth anticipating at Ciao Thyme. Food is lovingly and deliciously prepared, always innovative, and served beautifully. As owners and chef, Jessica and Matiao make all guests feel like friends, and generally the clientele has received that warmly. Highly recommended.

2  Thank alarna5
Reviewed July 28, 2011

If you can get in on their limited schedule, Ciao Thyme In the Kitchen is one of the best meals you will ever have. I recently went to one of their 'Incognito' dinners and was blown away. From the appetizers to the dessert, this was one of the best meals I had ever eaten. The only one I can remember that was even close was in Paris!