“A special place ... Good for a special meal”

The Fork at Agate Bay
Ranked #31 of 456 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Rated as one of the best meals to be had in the Bellingham area I had to try it! What I found was a nice location, comfortable interior..well appointed. You can be casual on one side and a bit more spiffed up for the other side. Food was really quite good. I would say that the plate presentation was excellent. They have a menu that changes with the season and local availability ad they support local growers. All was fresh. My only suggestion was that the beer selection could be improved. Definitely give it a try but this is not an inexpensive rendezvous. Average dinner is 28,00 but if you share a pizza and have a beer you can still enjoy without breaking the bank!

1  Thank PrincessWildhair

Reviewed November 7, 2013

While visiting relatives in Bellingham, they took us to The Fork for a Sunday breakfast. All the food was freshly made, locally sourced and served in a fun, friendly restaurant. Husband loved his huevos rancheros and our two family members enjoyed their mushroom omelet and pulled pork breakfast. I had the pancakes which were good - not great and not as filling - more of a side dish. The over-easy egg I had on the side was delicious - amazing how wonderful fresh eggs can be! Delicious coffee was enjoyed by all. None of the meals were overly filling but all the ingredients were high end and we had a very pleasant start to our day!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The first restaurant of a vacation is always subject to the greatest scrutiny. Mindful of that, I let this review sit a couple of weeks to the end of the trip to be more comparative. Unfortunately, it hasn't altered my view. The Fork can be both a treat and a disappointment, and that is why I cannot fully recommend you visit. I just don't want to gamble with my dining experiences. My husband's meal, the "hit," (seared salmon with truffled risotto) was fantastic...perfectly prepared and tasty. Mine, the "miss," started with the garden greens salad (pretty, but small and tasteless) and the Fork's advertised specialty: wood fired flatbreads. bland and grossly unremarkable. And though not listed in the menu ingredients, the pizza had a bitter broccolini throughout, which I had to pick off in order to taste anything else…which turned out to be flat. Had it all been a few dollars, I might not have minded. But when we shelled out $70 for what amounted to one good meal, I guess we expected more.

3  Thank Sissy_Max
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Always on the lookout for new restaurants, my wife happened to see something written about The Fork and so we decided to hazard a booking with some trepidation, as Bellingham and its environs are not exactly noted for culinary exceptionalism. Basic good food yes, but creativity? Not so much. We were not disappointed in the least and everything from our reception in an almost deserted restaurant - we booked early as we had a long drive back to our hotel - to the quality of our food to our delightful young lady server to the wine list was thoroughly excellent. Can't wait to go again. Downside? No view; but I am of the opinion that that is no bad thing, as people then tend to frequent a place for the food and wine alone.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have eaten here numerous times and never been let down. The service is spot on and the food is exciting, well prepared and imaginative. if you are in the area, want really good food and t experience exceptional dining in a relaxed setting, the Fork is it.

1  Thank Michael W