“Hit and Miss” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 424 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The first restaurant of a vacation is always subject to the greatest scrutiny. Mindful of that, I let this review sit a couple of weeks to the end of the trip to be more comparative. Unfortunately, it hasn't altered my view. The Fork can be both a treat and a disappointment, and that is why I cannot fully recommend you visit. I just don't want to gamble with my dining experiences. My husband's meal, the "hit," (seared salmon with truffled risotto) was fantastic...perfectly prepared and tasty. Mine, the "miss," started with the garden greens salad (pretty, but small and tasteless) and the Fork's advertised specialty: wood fired flatbreads. bland and grossly unremarkable. And though not listed in the menu ingredients, the pizza had a bitter broccolini throughout, which I had to pick off in order to taste anything else…which turned out to be flat. Had it all been a few dollars, I might not have minded. But when we shelled out $70 for what amounted to one good meal, I guess we expected more.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Sissy_Max

Paris, France
“Oasis in a culinary desert!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Always on the lookout for new restaurants, my wife happened to see something written about The Fork and so we decided to hazard a booking with some trepidation, as Bellingham and its environs are not exactly noted for culinary exceptionalism. Basic good food yes, but creativity? Not so much. We were not disappointed in the least and everything from our reception in an almost deserted restaurant - we booked early as we had a long drive back to our hotel - to the quality of our food to our delightful young lady server to the wine list was thoroughly excellent. Can't wait to go again. Downside? No view; but I am of the opinion that that is no bad thing, as people then tend to frequent a place for the food and wine alone.

• Visited June 2013
Sedro Woolley, Washington
“A cut above for Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have eaten here numerous times and never been let down. The service is spot on and the food is exciting, well prepared and imaginative. if you are in the area, want really good food and t experience exceptional dining in a relaxed setting, the Fork is it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Michael W
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Don't order the pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a great brunch at this restaurant and returned a few weeks later for dinner. Ordered a pricey pizza and received a dry, unseasoned and uninspired pizza. Another family member suffered the same disappointment with different pizza choice. Perhaps, the real pizza cook is off on Sundays.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Patricia L
Bellingham, Washington
“Wonderful, relaxing, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My niece, my husband and I went to The Fork for breakfast last weekend for the first time and sat out on the deck with our two dogs. It was a beautiful, sunny morning, and the experience was wonderful and relaxing. The waitress, Jamie, was so friendly, and the food was excellent. We also went for a walk on the Lake Whatcom Park Hertz Trail afterward.

We will definitely go back, especially when we have out of town guests. The Fork is my new favorite breakfast spot in Bellingham!

• Visited July 2013