“Very good food; worth the trip!”

The Fork at Agate Bay
Ranked #22 of 471 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Interesting menu for all meals. Definitely one of the better breakfasts in the region. This is a nice place to go for a casual meal of high-quality food. While it is kind of in the middle of nowhere it is a nice drive and worth the trip. Prices are reasonable for the quality of food. If you haven't been here, try it!

Reviewed February 7, 2011

My husband and I had heard great things about the Fork and wanted to try it out even though it's out of the way! The place was soooo packed we sat at the bar in front of the pizza oven. We had the mussels as an appetizer which were accompanied by these amazing homemade rolls!! Then I had the flat iron steak and my husband had the ribs. They both came with great sides and were really flavorful!! We were sooo stuffed but had the trio of creme brulees. Everything was delicous!! The beer and wine was great as well!! The decor and ambiance is warm, inviting and cozy!!

Reviewed January 22, 2011

My husband and I had been looking forward to dinner at this place for months. Now, as I write, I am feeling ill. I had the duck and it tasted as though they had just reached into the garbage disposal and fried it. The service was distasteful. The wine and salad were good but not good enough to ever get me back in this joint again

4  Thank ditsybit
Reviewed January 10, 2011

The food was good and the inside is cozy. A little strange with identical bars (for drinking..not jai!) on each side of the restaurant, but the space is definitely upscale/comfortable at the same time. It took us forever to get our drinks and get our order taken, but the food was good. We actually were most impressed with the bread/roll basket, but you have to ask for it. I just happened to see someone else with bread, so I made a special request. The rolls are to die for...very good. Our server seemed distracted and not very friendly...one of the servers actually let out a big sigh when he was bussing a table. I think they need more help! All in all, I think there are better restaurants in downtown Bellingham so the drive may not be worth it (about 20 minutes from downtown), but it is definitely worth going if you are in the area or want to try a new spot.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

my first stop was for lunch, the burger was awesome. Since I have made The Fork a regular stop. Sunday brunch is very popular with the locals. The room is a great, the bar has a rustic feel and the menu offers a great mix of delicious food. Enjoy!