“Good Service and Atmosphere”

Fireside Martini and Wine Bar
Ranked #146 of 443 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
washington state
“Good Service and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Despite reading some reviews about slow service and staff focusing on regulars and ignoring new customers, I decided to give this place a try. Mainly because one of my friends had spoken well of this place plus I had an appointment at a spa within walking distance. My friend and I walked in at 4pm on a Friday. There was one group in the place but otherwise empty. We sat at a table and within a few minutes (right after serving drinks to the group) the bartender/waiter came over to us. He was very friendly and personable. He asked if we'd like to hear about the happy hour specials and we said yes. He then listed off all the martini flavors. My friend asked about he beer and the bartender went into all the different beer they had on tap and where they are from. He seemed to take pleasure in describing them and their origins. We ordered drinks, which he brought promptly and then took our food order. I ordered the Margherita flatbread and my friend ordered the turkey reuben with caesar salad. While we were there more people started coming in and filling up the tables. Despite that, the service was excellent throughout our time there. We were sitting in a corner with one small table in between our chairs - right before our food arrived, a young man brought another small table so that we'd have ample table space for our drinks and food. My pomegranite martini was good and only $4.00. We were both pleased with the meal. I am looking forward to going back again when they have live music.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank morejourneystocome

Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Great music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I has the nicest evening here last weekend with my sisters. Had great cocktails served by very friendly staff. And LOVED singer/guitar player Falcon! The only unfortunate part is that the Fireside is surrounded y a giant strip mall. But once the sun starts to go down you forget all about that.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Toma M
“Poor service.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

My friend got here before I did, and was sitting there drinking his weak watery drink.

When I arrived, I waited OVER 15 minutes to be asked what I would like to drink by our waiter, (who was casually sitting with some cute girls). When he finally noticed me, he passed me twice, and told me to hang on a sec. Dude, I've been waiting 15 minutes, whats another 10 gonna do. The thing that upset me was the actual bartender walked by me four times, and didn't say a word, like she was waiting for the waiter to do his job. She could have asked me for a drink. BUT.... THEN she served us our food. That's weird, now she cares about our table.

Anyways, the food was okay. Neither one could bother and ask us how our meal was.

I will not come here again.

Blaine, Washington
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I tried the Fireside with a few friends one evening. They have comfy leather chairs, but it was awkward pushing together chairs for the 4 of us, since it was busy (we were pretty much sitting with another group). Our waiter was nice and brought us another chair from the other side of the bar. The drinks were good and strong, but overpriced. When we went to pay at the bar, we asked to pay seperately, and the lady was upset about that. But we had asked our waiter in the first place to have separate checks, but he had put them all together anyway. We each took our turn paying, but since the waiter had entered the drink names differently into the computer than what we were saying, she became very mad at us and made sarcastic comments. I may have thought about going back sometime, even with the overpriced drinks, but not after the rude comments she made when we were paying.

• Visited June 2011