“Downstairs bar and grill”

Nicki's Bella Marina
Ranked #84 of 485 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Nicki's Bella Marina Bar & Grill features Legendary Gourmet burgers & authentic British style Fish & Chips & great sandwiches in a classic rock atmosphere over top of the water in Squalicum Harbor. Come see what we're all about!
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

We had heard about Nicki's but had never been there before. The main restaurant is on the second floor. There is a bar and grill on the first floor with a view of the boats in the marina. That is where we ate for lunch on a stormy Sunday. The restaurant was almost empty, so we received excellent service. My husband ordered fish and chips. He was impressed with the tempura type batter and the size of the fish. The steak fries while advertised as unlimited weren't particularly special. I ordered a basic hamburger without a lot of extra toppings. It was loaded with their special sauce and mayo. I added some mustard. It was the drippiest hamburger I have eaten ever. It was delicious, but I had to wash my hands and face four times to clean myself up when I finished. I wish the restroom had been cleaner. I We will definitely go again, because we enjoyed the food.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Rude to the Max!

Risk to Your Health!

Placed order for pickup. When placing the order, we were very specific that one of our group was gluten intolerant. We opened our boxes and quickly saw that the order NOT gluten free. When we took the item back to the restaurant , the hostess was beyond rude! She claimed that we did not mention gluten free even though she spoke to two members of our party regarding gluten free items. She pouted and yelled, grabbed the item and marched back to the kitchen for a replacement.

The item was NOT replaced!! Upon returning to the office, it was clear the the gluten heavy meal was dumped from one carton to another, with a pathetic attempt to remove some of the offending ingredients. Bits and pieces could be found on the bottom of the container!!
If my coworker had eaten this, she would have become very ill. Her gluten allergy is no joke.

The hostess risked the health and well-being of my coworker because of her unprofessionalism
and ignorance.
She may have been having a bad day, but that is not excuse to use such poor judgement.

We will NOT return.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Nice view of the harbor and beautiful spot for sunset. Terrific outside tables and basic menu with lots of items kids like. Definitely a good option if you are looking to dine on the water.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Fish and chips were good -- website said $12 but they were $15.99. Didn't honor website. They do not have chowder or coleslaw-so fish and chips was it. Carpet was dirty with cuts in it had a horrible dank smell. Doubt we will go back.

1  Thank Donna E
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I was out with friends so this place would not have been my choice but, aside from that you can sit inside or out on the deck. Nice view of the marina. They serve alcohol if you drink. I found that the majority of their food seemed to be all deep fried and looked rather greasy. Most of the stuff I don't eat, ever. The people I was with some enjoyed their food others were not happy with some of their selections. I had a salad which was good and then a side order of a baked potato that was delicious. The waiter was nice but, seemed to keep messing up the order and forgetting things and some food arrived later because he said he couldn't read his own writing and forgot to put in the order for it.