“Always a Favorite”

Magdalena’s Creperie
Ranked #5 of 13 Dessert in Bellingham
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We were visiting Bellingham. Our daughter told us about a creperie she'd liked but couldn't remember the name. We couldn't find it on the web, but did happen upon Magdalena's which is in Fairhaven, a quaint suburb where we planned to stop anyway. We decided to give it a try and it was wonderful. Inventive crepes, savory and dessert, fresh and delicious. We shared a veggie crepe, made properly with buckwheat; potato and cheese perogi, and a smoked salmon, avocado, sun dried tomato, and horse radish creme baguette. We were too full for a dessert crepe, alas. Very reasonable prices, especially considering the quality. And Magdalena proved lively, personable, and charming. The cuisine is basically Polish, but lightened and re-invented. I took some photos for TripAdvisor readers. Almost worth a trip from Seattle.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I have been several times and it's always a joy. Were it not for our restraint, we would go here every week. There's a pleasant variety of unusual flavor combinations that keep us coming back. Great ambiance and nice people.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I ate breakfast here this morning. I had the breakfast crepe (#4 on the menu) with egg, tomato, asparagus, arugula, and brie. Holy cow! What a delicious dish. The asparagus was cooked to perfection, the crepe was light and crispy, and the French press coffee rich and delicious. We also sampled some perogies - butternut squash was my favorite.

This little gem is not to be missed when exploring the Fairhaven district. Charmingly decorated, and staffed with courteous folks who helped make our meal special.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went here specifically because of the great TripAdvisor reviews and it did not disappoint. We shared a savoury and a sweet crepe and each had a latte. The service was great, decor was cool, and the food was delicious! Went early, so there was still lots of tables available.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went to Magdalenas 2 times in one day! The restaurant reminds us of a small, cozy French café. Our first visit was for breakfast. Try the smoked salmon and feta or the egg and prosciutto crepe. And wonderful coffee! We went shopping and then went back for a late afternoon dessert crepe. I recommend the spicy apple. It was wonderful. The only thing we didn't like was that they close at 4PM and don't serve dinner. It's a sweet little place with wonderful food and pleasant service. Just great

Reviewed October 13, 2013

What a sweet quaint place in beautiful historic Fairhaven! The staff were amazing which made the whole experience even better. With having a gluten allergy and being able to have a buckwheat crêpe made my day. I had the special, scrambled egg, ham, bacon bits (which consisted of thick cut bacon cut into bits) red onion, mozzarella and feta cheese with fresh rosemary. The flavours were amazing and were so fresh. You can tell a lot of love goes into these. Travelling from Surrey, bc was nothing when being treated to something special like this. Will be back soon!