“Dessert Crepes & Coffee--What a Find!”

Magdalena’s Creperie
Ranked #5 of 13 Dessert in Bellingham
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We were visiting Bellingham. Our daughter told us about a creperie she'd liked but couldn't remember the name. We couldn't find it on the web, but did happen upon Magdalena's which is in Fairhaven, a quaint suburb where we planned to stop anyway. We decided to give it a try and it was wonderful. Inventive crepes, savory and dessert, fresh and delicious. We shared a veggie crepe, made properly with buckwheat; potato and cheese perogi, and a smoked salmon, avocado, sun dried tomato, and horse radish creme baguette. We were too full for a dessert crepe, alas. Very reasonable prices, especially considering the quality. And Magdalena proved lively, personable, and charming. The cuisine is basically Polish, but lightened and re-invented. I took some photos for TripAdvisor readers. Almost worth a trip from Seattle.
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by early afternoon to satisfy a sweet tooth. Fruit Crepes just like in France and just as Yummy. We sat outside on a bistro table soaking the sun while chatting with the friendly staff. We'll be back soon and often.

1  Thank borntotravel97

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Delightful place for a Savory crepe (I had the mushroom and pork) for lunch. or a sweet dessert crepe. Across the Fairhaven Commen from Village Books, this place is perfect for an afternoon lunch with a friend.
I will be back.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped there for a quick bite and... we were very positively impressed with the crepes and the menu. We are French so we are often surprised with what is called crepes in some restaurants in the Us but this one did not disappoint us, although the owner is polish...
We both ordered the "fresh spinach, chicken and mushroom" crepe and it was delicious.
And as bonus, we also got to taste the polish pierogis. A very nice spot that we will visit again on our next visit to the aera

1  Thank Micheline G
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Maybe my impression is overly high because of my previous experiences with crepes, but wow for an amazing meal. In the past, the crepes I've had were more or less flat pancakes with something sweet on them other than syrup. Given that I have nothing against pancakes and Magdalena's had such great reviews, we decided to try it. I was more than a little surprised at how many savory options were on the menu, and feeling a little sugar'ed out decided to try a breakfast crepe with eggs, prosciutto, feta, spinach, and tomatoes. My boyfriend had a similar breakfast crepe with salmon instead.

These crepes were no thin pancakes - I actually fail at describing them well, but imagine a crispy brown pocket of goodness, and that's a much better description. They were light, the ingredients were fresh and well proportioned to one another, and the result was fabulous. We both cleaned our plates and were tempted to try something sweet for dessert. I'll definitely be back for dinner to try one of the cheese covered baked concoctions. :)

The service was a little slow, but understandably since a very large part sat down shortly before we did. If you want to pop in and out, this probably isn't the best place for you. If you'd like to sit, enjoy a cup of coffee, and wait for your food to be freshly made, this is the place to go.

2  Thank silvrayn
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We cycled into Fairhaven on sunny Saturday morning, and discovered this delightful little creperie tucked behind the Village Green. My husband and I each enjoyed savory breakfast crepes with smoked salmon, arugula and fresh tomatoes. We're coming back to sample the rest of the menu as soon as we can!