“Customer is Wrong attitude and over priced”

Magdalena’s Creperie
Ranked #3 of 14 Dessert in Bellingham
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We were visiting Bellingham. Our daughter told us about a creperie she'd liked but couldn't remember the name. We couldn't find it on the web, but did happen upon Magdalena's which is in Fairhaven, a quaint suburb where we planned to stop anyway. We decided to give it a try and it was wonderful. Inventive crepes, savory and dessert, fresh and delicious. We shared a veggie crepe, made properly with buckwheat; potato and cheese perogi, and a smoked salmon, avocado, sun dried tomato, and horse radish creme baguette. We were too full for a dessert crepe, alas. Very reasonable prices, especially considering the quality. And Magdalena proved lively, personable, and charming. The cuisine is basically Polish, but lightened and re-invented. I took some photos for TripAdvisor readers. Almost worth a trip from Seattle.
Seattle, Washington
“Customer is Wrong attitude and over priced”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was looking forward to visiting this establishment after following them on Facebook. We went on a busy Sunday, waited for a table about 10 minutes. Then we were seated and waited about 30 minutes for server to take our order. Then we waited another 40 minutes to get our food. We were not attended to, the waitress didn't talk to us or explain the delay while serving 4 other tables that ordered after us. The owner wrote that we are out of line for complaining about service and should have gone to McDonalds if we didn't like the wait. They even called me at night to ask me if I paid my bill. Overpriced, rude and inattentive service. Will never return. Suggest you stay away, too, unless you want to way at a place where the customer is wrong and they can't even be sure if you paid the bill and call you at night suggesting you skipped! I've eaten in fine dining establishments around the world and never have I been treated so rudely. Oh, another mistake - my elderly mother was undecided when the waitress came to our table. Somehow, this is another fault of ours that justifies a long wait and others being served ahead of us. No concern at all for their customers. I shouldn't have left a tip, but I did because I'm sure the servers are not to blame for poor management. Overpriced and not even that good.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank Rachel P

Istanbul, Turkey
“Creative and fresh”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Anything Magdalena puts on your plate is delicious. The creative menu has plenty of sweet and savory choices made from fresh ingredients. One of my favorite places to eat in Bellingham.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Andi W
Renton
“International flavor in cozy cafe”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Fairhaven is a melting pot of eclectic dining experiences. Magdalena's is as good as it looked, clean small cafe and came recommended. We opted for 2 of the specials featured on a sandwich board curbside. My crepe was delicious, ham, cheese and spinach backed in a béchamel sauce. Came with a exceptionally fresh salad of baby greens, tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese and olives. My friend had a BLT and loved it too. The other diners ranged from elderly couples to young parents with 3 boys and everyone seemed to be enjoying their meals. Service was quick, moderate prices, our lunch total was $24. Mine was so large I brought 1/2 home for my lunch today.

• Visited April 2012
Lake Forest Park, Washington
“Unusually good and healthy crepes from a French chef”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Loved the whole wheat crepes and wide variety of original, fresh ingredients. Superb lattes as well. Reasonably priced. Open from breakfast through late afternoon.

Visited April 2012
Auburn, Washington
“Like home cooking”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Quaint. Gracious hostess(owner) Fruit crepe delicious...pulled pork with mushrooms very dry, salty and crepe was burnt. Will visit again when staying next door at Fairhaven Village Inn but definitely won't order any crepe with meat in it....Like the wall colors

Visited December 2011