“wonderful customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Motel

Shamrock Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Shamrock Motel
You added Shamrock Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Bellingham
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“wonderful customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here on route to Palm Springs via the Bellingham airport. The motel far exceeded expectations. It was very clean and spacious, with microwave and fridge in our room. Their customer service is first class all around. We left a brief case in the parking lot as we were leaving to go back home (unloading from the cab into our own vehicle). The owner packaged up it up, took it to a Greyhound bus depot, and we had it back within days. The motel is very well located with easy access to airport, restaurants and freeway. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kathy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ended up here by an unavoidable event by whinny border guards shutting down the border, therefore we were stuck trying to find a place for the night. Shamrock green is the theme, even the TV picture is green! Check in is "with toilet paper or not?" Buttwipe is $5.00 extra.....
Didn't take our clothes off here, too disgusting, skid marks on the carpet!!!
Only stayed one night, thank God...

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ricky&Vicky

Travelers are raving about these Bellingham hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Me and my children stayed for 3 days and found the location , services and price very good , what we pay we should expect to get the same. I went from surrey and I will use the same place all times. The owners have told us that we could stay here park our car and fly as well. So next time we take a flight from Bellingham Airport to Las Vegas NV, we will definitely park and fly from there.

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed at this motel December 1st to 3rd 2012. Room was well priced, service was excellent and the location is very good. The openers were very good to us, they installed brand new TV as soon as we took the room. They told us the TV was working but since we took the room for 3 days they replaced it.
We were totally satisfied and if we go to Bellingham, we'll surely stay at this motel.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Tyson0052000
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Owners were very friendly with me. I asked for extra towels and they had no problem giving some to me. Room was clean, the place around noon was loud due to traffic and other people, but in the nighttime it got pretty quiet. Free wifi was ok. Bed was fine, sheets were clean. Parked my car for a week and had no problem with that, also cheaper than the rate the airport was giving. They don't give early morning shuttle, but it was fine, called a cab and was only five bucks. Do people see hampton inn next to this place and expect hampton inn service/rooms? The place looks old, I'm sure if the owners tore the place down and built a brand new one, they would do a lot better.
The only con I can see is that they don't have bathtubs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John C
Surrey, Bc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I will be brief as others have pretty much said it all.

This place is nasty, run down, shabby and filthy with very sketchy clientele. The carpet was toxic and the bed was well beyond its useful life.

We stayed overnight to avoid a rush at the boarder while getting to our Vegas flight; it was a huge mistake. My wife will remind me of this "choice" for years to come.

They offer to let you park your car on the property rather than pay for parking at the airport. I happily parked at the airport; money well spent from my observation of the surroundings.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Room Tip: Unfortunately you are out of luck on this front.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tmurrayis
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place makes a motel 6 look like a 5 star hotel. If there was a way to give this place a negative star rating I would give it a -99.9. This was absolutely the worst motel and customer service that I have ever had.

SERVICE, or lack there of:
The owners, Vijay and Dolly, are [--] and lie through their teeth. I had booked this place for an overnight stay on Oct 6 as my friends and I were catching an early morning flight out of BLG. In three separate conversations prior to booking the motel, 2 with the owner's wife Dolly, who claimed to just be an employee (lie number 1) and with the manager (didn't get his name) I was told that the motel provided FREE shuttle service to and from the airport, no mention of any restrictions around the time the shuttle service was provided. When my friends and I checked in I was told that the shuttle service did not start till 7am, which clearly would not work for us as our flight was at 7am. We thought not a problem, family run business, we don't expect them to give us a ride to the airport at 5am so we called a taxi. We asked about the process of getting the shuttle service back to the motel upon our return as we were leaving our car there for 5 days and were told that's not a problem and to just call them when our flight came in. We returned on October 11 at 9pm, called the motel and spoke to the night manager and were advised that he would call the owner and the owner would come pick us up, should be there in about 15 minutes, and if there was a problem they would call us back. Shortley after, a young gentleman (who I think was the owners son) came in a compact car and picked up 2 other guests. When we asked him about our transportation he said that he was only told that he was picking up 2 females but he would come back for us or get someone else to come. 9:40pm, no ride and no call back from the motel. Called the motel again and was advised by the manager that someone was on their way and should be there shortley. Got a call back 5 minutes later advising that the owner was having problems with his car and we would have to take a taxi. NO DECENCY TO TELL US RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING TO ARRANGE OUR OWN RIDE!!!! 45 MINUTES OF WAITING FOR A RIDE THAT WAS NOT COMING. Upon arrival back at the motel I asked to speak to the owner and was given his name but no telephone number and told to call the motel back in the morning as he would be there.

Called the owner, Vijay, the next day and he was extremely rude and denied that the motel offered shuttle service at all. When confronted with the fact that Dolly and the manager had both advised that the motel offered shuttle service and in fact another party was picked up at the airport he advised that those guests had paid him an extra $20 and arranged the ride with him. Regardless of the facts being presented all I got were LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES. I advised him that I would come down and he can have Dolly and the manager both tell me to my face that they had not advised me that shuttle service was provided and he said come down and he will get them to say it to my face.

I went down about an hour later and the COWARD did not even have the guts to face me himself and instead had his wife come out and tell me that he wasn't there and she did not want to speak about it and to get the [--] off their property. When I proceeded to verbalize the lies that I had been told, in the presence of another guest, she continued with the obsenities and proceeded to push me out the door. I won't say that I wasn't vocal back with the obsenities.

THE ROOM:
We had requested a room with 2 double beds, non-smoking. At $58.50 for the night, we weren't expecting much but this place is a total dive and you may get more, in the form of diseases, than you bargained for. The room reeked of smoke, was not clean; food crumbs on the table and chairs and I highly doubt that the bed sheets had been changed after the last guests had left as they were smelly and the bed not even properly made. The walls are paper thin and we could hear the tv in the room below us.

I feel sorry for the poor manager that has to work for these [--].

I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THIS PLACE EVEN IF THEY PAID ME TO STAY THERE!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 2001-Kari
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellingham
Orca Inn
Orca Inn Suites
Orca Inn Suites
#3 of 4 in Ferndale
3.5 of 5 stars 14 reviews

Been to Shamrock Motel? Share your experiences!