“The place is a complete dive.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Motel

Shamrock Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Shamrock Motel
You added Shamrock Motel to your Saves list
4133 W Maplewood Ave, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Bellingham
Surrey, Canada
“The place is a complete dive.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I guess you get what you pay for. A group of us shared a room before flying out for 5 days. They told us that their shuttle service to the airport is not available until 6 am, so going to the airport we took a cab. Upon our return, we called the motel and were told someone would be coming shortly. We waiting and the their car came and 2 ladies got in. We asked the guy driving about another vehicle coming to get our group and he said it should be a van coming. We waited and waited until we finally phoned. Oh by the way, we are not coming to get you after all. No phone call to let us know. We could have waited there forever without anyone letting us know that we needed to take a cab. The guy driving the car previously didn't come back and no one else did either. We took a cab back to the motel to pick up our vehicle. Then the next day my friend called to speak to the owner and he out right lied to her about having a shuttle service to the airport.
For this price you have to let alot slide but out right lying about a shuttle service when you just saw 2 women get picked up in a car with a sign on the side that said Shamrock Motel Shuttle. REALLY! Tell the truth people.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and DO NOT stay here. The owner is a liar and he doesn't deserve the busine...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank WLM1963

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This place is BY FAR the worst place I have ever stayed in my entire life!! I would rather sleep on the sidewalk!! We booked 2 rooms for a wedding party and as I was going out to my car to get some luggage after the wedding reception.. the OWNERS!!!!!!!!!! told the other guests they can beat me up for making too much noise!!! We had the motel as a meeting spot and everyone went their seperate ways within half an hour... within seconds of the lady owner yelling for someone to beat me up... a man came running after me with a STICK!!!! I will never go back to this place if my life depends on it!! The owners are inconsiderate jerks!!! I have not one good thing to say about this place!! Also... when the guy who chased me found out we came back from a wedding... he came and apologized for chasing me and oh... throwing a drink at me!!! but yet, the owners had nothing to say except for trying to get me and my sisters kicked out!! I hope these pathetic owners get a taste of their own medicine or have the same thing happen to their own children so they know how it feels!!!! Good riddence to this hell hole!!!!

Room Tip: do not book this motel..ever
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ManpreeT B

Travelers are raving about these Bellingham hotels

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed overnight at the Shamrock on Wednesday, August 8, 2012 - one night stay - and left my car there until Monday August 13th. The room, bathroom and bedding were clean and the motel was quiet enough for me to sleep well. I left my car there for about 5 days while on my trip and was given a lift to the airport. I have absolutely NO complaints about service or the facility or the price. I do realize that it might be noisier on the weekend and will bear that in mind in the future, but my experience was very positive for this stay. Thank you !!

Room Tip: Ummm... there isn't a swimming pool or restaurant that I know of.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank JeannieJannings
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Me and my mother stayed at the Shamrock Motel for a week, a nice break from our prolonged stay in our van. Each month that goes by we try to stay at a hotel or motel for a week. The location is good, it's familiar. Close to the airport and I-5, minutes away from the Bellis Fair Mall and other shopping districts. There was one point that we had a foul up, but it was sorted out. The room that we had stayed in was spacious. The room looks like it was once a kitchen unit, but the stove was removed for a heater. Has a decent size fridge that works pretty good. The bathroom was sort of small, but it's usable, the room itself is clean. The tv had some good channels, the Wifi you have to pay $5.00 for it but it is good service. At one point I had my laptop on for two and a half days without service intereption. Overall the room is good, and for the price you can't beat it in the City of Bellingham. In the end, I think I will come back in the future sometime.

Room Tip: South side rooms don't have the sun coming in during the day.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family