“Fun Placce”

Ranked #58 of 473 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I lived in NOLA so can say this isn't spot on Cajun, but it's good, and always enjoyable. (could use a little more spice to be "real" cajun) The hush puppies are, I'm pretty sure, packaged, and don't have much in common with the real thing. They are tasty, but not really hush puppies. But they do a good job with the fried green tomatoes. I have had the pecan catfish, the etoufee, the jambalaya..well, lets be honest, I've probably had everything at least once, except the po'boys. And have pretty much enjoyed it all. I have had the occasional "off" meal, but they are very good about fixing something that can be fixed. I have always experienced good service. And the food is tasty enough to keep me coming back.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Tried to explore downtown Bellingham and stumbled into this place. Sat outside and enjoyed sunset. Service was nice and food was good. Not bad. Will either try something different next time or I need to have more spice in my gumbo.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ate at this restaurant last week. We thought by the number of people there that we would be in for a great meal. We weren't. We sat for awhile before our server turned up. Both of us had ordered pasta dishes and when they arrived both were barely warm. We called the server over and asked her about it. She took the plates away and said she'd take care of it. To our surprise, when she came back with our food, she said she had them heat it up. As in zapped it in the microwave, I think. We ate some of it and weren't overly impressed. The mead my husband ordered was the best thing that came to our table. It's locally made. Maybe we hit an off day for the place, though when we mentioned it to someone else later that evening, they agreed with our assessment but said they have a great brunch.

2  Thank WindhorseManor
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The food here is pretty good, my boyfriend loves it more than I do, so we come here on his birthdays and whatnot. I would say the entrees are not much to shout about, but the appetizers are pretty amazing! I really like the frogs legs, but oh my gosh, the sweet potato fries are the best in Bellingham, by far. I only wish they would combine them with Fiamma Burger's curry mayo dip. That would probably make the universe explode, it would be so fantastic.

The service is always friendly, it's a nice atmosphere for a special occasion with dark lighting and private booths.

1  Thank Emiko P
Reviewed April 28, 2013

was very disappointed when trying this restaurant. the crawfish i had tasted very stall or old, not fresh at all. haven't been back since