“Good Beer - Average food”

Chuckanut Brewery & Kitchen
Ranked #22 of 469 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stopped by the Chuckanut Brewery. At this time they had a selection of 6 beers - we tried three of them - all of good or better quality. Especially enjoyed the Porter. The building and décor can be a bit deceiving - but there is plenty of room inside. Not a particularly large menu - we tried the meat loaf sandwich and the bangers and mash. Wife said the meat loaf was a bit chewy - the bangers were somewhat tasteless.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stopped here during Beer Week and really enjoyed being able to sit outside and enjoy a cold beer on a hot day! It was tank top weather which is unbelievable for this time of year. We had blue sky and sunshine along with good food and a cold beer. Excellent servers.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The beer and food is always great. Sometimes the servers are more interested in chatting with the good looking customers than helping those of us who are above their age range. That said, food and drink is always good and they have fun discount days - like Tuesdays 2 dollars off your second pint. NICE

1  Thank uncle_albert5
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went for lunch and tried a sampler tray of their beers. There were some excellent beers; I especially liked the Rauch Lager and Kolsh. I had a Caesar which was just fine and good sized serving. My only criticism was that when we left I discovered I'd left my car lights on. A fellow I'd seen in the restaurant commented he'd come in and told them about the lights. However, no one said anything to the few diners who were there at the time. Fortunately my battery still had juice.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have tried this place several times because of it's convenient location (and a friend who likes their beer), each time hoping for a better experience. And each time leaving disappointed. Their happy hour is ok, they have some tasty little sliders (the current Happy Hour mainstay). I'm not a beer drinker, but understand they have a nice beer. The service is average, my problem is with the food. It has arrived cold, it has arrived over cooked, it has arrived sloppily dumped on the plate. Not to say I haven't had a good meal, but it is not the norm. Most recently I had a beerbq chicken sandwich. The chicken was overcooked breast meat. Is there anything worse than over cooked breast meat? The flavor was fine, but the sandwich so dry I couldn't get through it. I want to like them, it's a cute little brewery, but either they need to improve their food, or I need to find the one thing they do well, and stick with it. Sadly, they only serve the sliders during Happy Hour.

1  Thank Connie B