“AWESOME!!!!! FRESHEST SUSHI IN TOWN, Love the conveyor belt!”
Review of Kuru Kuru Sushi

Kuru Kuru Sushi
Ranked #135 of 468 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 29, 2012

KK Sushi is hands-down my favorite place in the USA for sushi. On a trip to Hong Kong, I experienced my first "conveyor belt" style sushi and immediately fell in love with the simplicity, low cost and immediate availability of good sushi.

When I found KK Sushi, I found all of those wonderful qualities right here in Bellingham! Charming and lovely staff will take great care of your needs. Stop in for lunch some time!

Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is a really cool sushi place. I love how the food comes around on conveyors. The service could be a bit more responsive, but the value you get for your buck is great!

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Yeah, I know. Saying any restaurant in Bellingham is "the best" isn't setting the bar very high, but in the case of Kuru Kuru it is definitely a very good restaurant and in my experience the best in Bellingham WA for sushi. Another member complained about the portion sizes, but that's just silly in my view. The portion sizes are fine, and I'd rather have good sushi in bite-size portions portions than terrible bucket size pieces of nasty fish on dried up rice.
The rice is soft and freshly made. The maki and nigiri selections are plentiful and fresh. I've never had a bad piece there. I've eaten at some of the best sushi restaurants in the world and for Bellingham, Kuru Kuru is very impressive. Parking can be a pain, and it fills up quickly at lunch time, so try to get there before noon. But in my opinion, it is very reasonable (re price) for a good sushi restaurant and the portions are just fine. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Very good quality food, lots of fun. Can get busy and is small so go early!

Reviewed May 8, 2009

I will admit it is fairly easy to spend alot. especially if you are into the fancier stuff. What I do when I go out is eat udon soup (3.50) and 1-2 black or purple plates (3-3.50). the rest are reserved for a few red (2) and one or two edamame (1.5) and spend a little over $20, and this is for 2 people. On the other hand, it is very easy to spend 20-25 per person on average and if you are a vacuum it's pretty easy to reach 40. If you don't want to spend a lot, you gotta plan it all out and don't expect to get all the best things and not have to pay alot. I guess the word I'm looking for is moderation. It IS a sushi restaurant, sushi in itself is expensive. When it gets all dressed up, topped off, and mixed with other fish, of course those dishes are going to be even more!

Overall it is really good. Not great for big groups, as it is on a belt (imagine having conversations with people with everyone standing in a line shoulder to shoulder) but they do have a few tables.