“Comfortable Stay, Nice Breakfast”

Comfort Inn Bellingham
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Inn over the 4th of July while we were visiting my grandparents. We had at first looked at staying at a more expensive hotel, but my mother made reservations at the Comfort Inn because she had heard such good reviews on the breakfast.

We found the whole hotel to be a great value. It was very clean and the staff was great. The only problem that we had was that our room was facing the busy road and we weren't able to have our window open during the night because of the noise.

The breakfast saved us a lot of money because we didn't have to go out and buy a breakfast. Another added bonus was that there was often soft, warm cookies out at the reception desk. What a nice treat!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 28, 2010

Very clean, friendly staff. Pool was the PERFECT temperature (nice change - hotel pools are usually so cold). Breakfast was amazing - egg 'mcmuffins', waffles, cereals, hot cereals, etc...etc...etc... Very impressed.
We had a king mini suite, which had a pull out sofa in one room with a large flat screen updated tv, then a small kitchen area, and a room with a king sized bed, large flat screen tv, desk, etc...
Bed was comfy, good pillows, good shower pressure. Lots of tv channels (no disney channel)
Wifi worked well. Parking was safe. Room VERY quiet. Never heard another guest. I was very impressed with this hotel.
There is room service available from a local restaurant that delivers. Prices were not too bad. Very close to shopping. I would definately stay here again next time we are in the area. I can't find anything I didn't like about it except I wish they had in room pay movies (but not a big deal).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2010

This meets all my requirements when traveling: quiet, clean, friendly staff in case I need some assistance. When I had to check out early, there was no fuss. I was very pleased with this choice

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We have traveled all 50 states and around the world. We would have to say that our stay----and it was 6 weeks -----was probably one of the best ever!!

We have stayed at many other Choice Hotels and this Comfort Inn, was the best bare none.

The Management makes the difference. They are interested in their clients, excellence and in your well-being.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank travelingchinadoll
ComfortInnBellingham, Manager at Comfort Inn Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2010

We are glad we could help make your long-term stay a comfortable one!

And thank you for your kind comments, I will pass them along to my staff as I feel they deserve a large portion of the credit.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stayed at the Comfort Inn based on others reviews and was not disappointed. In Bellingham for back to school shopping so proximity to Bellis Fair Mall was ideal. Across the road was Costco, Best Buy, Office Depot. A couple doors down was Olive Garden. Overall the location was perfect for us. The room itself was unspectacular but clean, comfortable and adequate in size. Microwave and fridge were handy. Television was a large lcd with plenty of channels. Breakfast was excellent and definitely adds to the value. The woman working the breakfast was outstanding and even went to check her freezer for us to see if she would be able to satisfy our request for a different yogurt flavor. She went above and beyond what was required and I sincerely regret not taking her name so I could share my appreciation of her efforts with management. Pool was rather small but we had it to ourselves for two hours at the supper hour. Hot tub and sauna were good too. Overall I would say this hotel satisfied our every need and if I am back for another shopping trip I wouldn't hesitate to stay again nor would I be hesitant to recommend the Comfort Inn Bellingham to a friend.

1  Thank blipstir

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am glad the location of our hotel, as it has for many others, acted as a convenience place to base your shopping trip.

I have printed your review and posted it in the kitchen, so be assured the breakfast bar attendant who gave you the personalized service will see your kind remarks.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Excellent value. Nice quiet location with ample parking. Nice continental breakfast: waffles, yogurt, boiled egg, cereal, baked goods, fruit etc
This is the 2nd time we've stayed in the hotel over the past several years. Never disappointed at the excellent value. The room we stayed in was spacious, average decor, with bar fridge and microwave. The beds were comfortable.
Love hotels that offer good continental breakfasts. Saves our family a good $30 (if we ate out) and no waiting for your food! :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! We always take it as the highest form of praise to have a guest come back and see us again, so it wonderful to hear that your second trip was as great as the first. If that were ever not the case, I hope you would let us know so we can make it right.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at Comfort Inn to be in the area for back-to-school shopping. It was clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful. After a day of exploring and shopping we were ready to hit the pool and hottub but upon entering the pool room we were hit with the worst chlorine fumes I have ever been exposed to. We were very disappointed as we were exhausted and could have used the relaxation. The pool room badly needs better ventilation. Everything else was great and we would stay again - just not use the pool. We've stayed at the Best Western and the Holiday Inn Express which have both been disappointing lately or we would not have had to shop around.

2  Thank orcasislandgirl
ComfortInnBellingham, Manager at Comfort Inn Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2010

We are glad to be your new hotel of choice in Bellingham! We work hard to earn that privilege.

I am sorry to hear about the problem with the pool area. We will look into this issue and see what we can do! Again, thank you for your feedback! We look forward to your next visit.