All reviewswafflesolive gardenroom was cleanhot tubcontinental breakfastbiscuits and gravybellis fair mallother hotelsthe breakfast areawould stay here againminute driveair conditionerprice rangegreat rooma great place to stayfront desk staffshopping trip
Reviewed January 2, 2009

This Comfort Inn is really at the top end of the "two-star" category. Room is clean and includes mini-fridge and microwave. Staff is friendly. There isn't anything special about the furnishings, but there is nothing wrong with them. Bed and bedding is decent. Free WiFi in the rooms. Includes a good "expanded" continental breakfast (waffle bar, hot cereal, good selection of fresh fruits and pastries). Location is good, lots of dining selection right on the block. I think my only complaint is a mildly noisy heater.

Comfort Inn won't win a beauty contest and is not a luxury hotel, but it is a reliably good quality hotel. This is my third time staying here and I've been comfortable and satisfied with every visit.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MateoKennedy
Reviewed December 24, 2008

Went down for some cross-border shopping. The Comfort Inn is right near the Bellis Fair mall, but also a fairly short drive to downtown where we checked out the excellent "Farmer's Market."

Friendly staff, good breakfasts, rooms were very clean and not too expensive. (We got a better deal on the price by phoning directly, it's worth a try.)

Would recommend to families or couples headed in for shopping or visiting friends.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jocelyn M
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for 3 nights. Our family of five, booking less than 2 weeks before our trip, had a difficult time finding a place to accomodate us in one room. We started out the first night in their mini suite which was adequate (had a funny cleaning product smell) but quite cramped and we didn't even try to fit in the rollaway. Because we were out and about all the next day, they graciously moved our suitcases to the larger suite we had booked for the next 2 nights. The Presidential Suite was much better with a king bed in a separate room and plenty of room for the rollaway and pull out sofa bed in the living room area. There was even a nice little kitchenette and plenty of closets. The jacuzzi tub was nice after a long day of hiking at Mount Baker! Both rooms included a nice breakfast (hardboiled eggs, yogurt, bananas, apples, various breads and muffins, cereal and make it yourself waffles). The staff was very friendly. As long as we could get the bigger room, we would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mlrmom
Reviewed June 12, 2008

This is a clean (spotless), comfortable motel with great staff- both behind the desk and housekeeping. There is a sense from the staff that they like working there. Would stay there again, and hope to.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank mlmcpo
Reviewed March 17, 2008

This hotel is very nice. I always bring a pair of ear plugs to block out the noise when I am sleeping. I wanted a room to sleep in, cook microwavable food, keep food in a fridge. This was perfect. Grocery store is very close. About 2 minute drive. I got some microwavable food, plastic utensils, plates, microwavable container, cups (some already in room), dish detergent, plastic wrap, and a scrubber. Breakfast is served in the morning, but lunch and dinner must be provided by you. We made our own dinner and lunch in the microwave to save money on take-out.

Bonus:
Clean
Comfy
Cable
Internet
Had everything that I needed

Recommendations:
With all hotels, I recommend getting ear plugs. This can be bought from Home Depot, but most stores should carry some. They cost about 50 cents a pair.

Problems that can be silenced with ear plugs:
Noisy heater/air conditioner
Thin walls above and beside room

Overall, for less than $100 a night, I was quite impressed. This is the hotel that I will be staying at when booking future trips to Bellingham.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family