“Great clean place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Bellingham
Malin, Oregon
“Great clean place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Good clean rooms! spacious and the beds are comfy. My daughter and I got 2 queen beds which I like! The last Quality Inn had 2 doubles which I don't like! Not great WiFi.....Breakfast is hot and a good amount of choices. Check in is always pretty quick :)

Room Tip: They take pets but then you get put in another part of the hotel which could be good or bad.. lol D...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words! We look forward to hosting you again real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lillooet, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I recently made a short trip to Bellingham, WA and we stayed at the Quality Inn. We had not made reservations but they had a King Bed Room available which was perfect for us. The room was not ready yet but Michelle and her coworker told us we could change into our bathing suits, stow our gear in the office and use the outdoor swimming pool. It was a beautiful day and we had some beverages for poolside. They provided us with a small container so we could ice the beverages down. The pool water was sparkling clean and the deck area had lounge chairs as well as tables with regular chairs and umbrellas. The water was refreshing and we relaxed poolside until check-in time.

Our room was spotless. The bed linen smelled fresh and clean and the bathroom had been cleaned to a high degree. The bed and pillows were high quality and comfortable. In the morning we ate a hot breakfast in the cafeteria area. The eggs and biscuits with gravy were hot and the juice was fresh and cold.

This accommodation was a reasonable rate especially for mid summer. Everything was high quality including the attitudes of all the staff members that we encountered. Thank you and we will stay at the Quality Inn when we are in Bellingham again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Wow, thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience! I'm so happy to see we met your needs in providing such a great stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Bellingham:)
spudmuffin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

You would think for a $100 a night motel they would have working WiFi. Sadly this was not the case. After several trips to the front desk we finally learned a "work around" for the WiFi. The WiFi issue only came up after waiting 30 minutes to get into our room after checking in. While the staff was friendly and apologized for not have the room clean yet it just added to the frustration of the whole experience. I would have a hard time recommending this hotel to a friend.

• 3 of 5 stars
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I appreciate your bring these issues to our attention, so that we can better serve our guests in the future.
Aloha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff was welcoming and courteous; a fast check-in and easy instructions to our rooms. The rooms were clean, some of the tables were pretty old and used but serviceable. I had no complaints until the first night's sleep. I don't know what kind of bed we had but within minutes I had sore pressure points where my shoulder and hip rested on the mattress. If I turned over, the other side hurt within minutes. Opting to sleep on my back produced an uncomfortable backache within minutes. The pillows were fat and hard; it was a miserable night's sleep. I wonder if anyone else besides us had this problem?

The breakfast each morning was varied and substantial--if I were in charge I'd move the long table further away from the food buffet area as it was crowded when trying to access the food items.

Checkout was super quick and friendly; the price was fine, but I won't stay there again because of the beds. Each night's sleep was miserable for us.

• 5 of 5 stars
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
On behalf of the staff at the Quality Inn, I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and are glad to hear that the check in and check out process was fast and efficient. However we do apologize for the inconvenience pertaining to the bed. We are in the process of updating our beds with new mattresses to better serve our guests. We would love for you to give us another chance and try out our new double pillow top mattresses.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I planned to stay in Mt. Vernon however unexpectedly I needed to be in Bellingham. The Quality Inn staff were extremely courteous and offered a great room. The room was very clean and the internet fast and easy to connect. The hotel is centrally located to excellent shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank uchick
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with others. We can't wait to see you on your next visits.
B.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

First the good: the staff are friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was generous and well stocked.
The bad: the wifi was horribly frustrating. The rooms were shabby and the bathroom musty smelling. Our room opened to an outside hallway and our bedroom window opened to an outside roof. If I had been travelling alone, I would have been worried about security. Anyway, pay a few dollars more and stay somewhere nicer is my recommendation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our comfy beds and wonderful breakfast! I apologize that you encountered Wi-Fi issues during your stay. Our staff is available 24 hours a day and are very helpful with connecting to the internet. We hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Staff was great and even offered free upgrade. Room nice and large, very clean. Pool and hot tub clean and pool even heated! Will definitely stay again. Felt safe and comfortable. Good food places close by to eat as well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank cyclonesusie T
Leah R, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Grand Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Wow, what a fantastic review! Our staff is thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to relax in our beautiful pool and hot tub!