Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham
Hotel Bellingham Airport(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
$122
$70
Groupon.com
$84
$76
QualityInn
Best Western Heritage Inn(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
$108
Comfort Inn Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
$99
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Express Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
$117
Baymont by Wyndham Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
$94
$139
Hotel Bellwether(Bellingham)
$198
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Bellingham(Bellingham)(Great Value!)
$109
La Quinta
Fairhaven Village Inn(Bellingham)
$239
All reviewspancake makerroom was cleanhard boiled eggsbellis fair mallhandicapped roomroad noiseoutdoor poolclose to the airportbagelsfront desk staffcarpetborderinterstateproximityalaskacanada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have stayed 2 times at the Econo Lodge & are anticipating another pleasant stay this week. I was surprised to hear the bad reviews given by the last 2 people. Our experiences were very different. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast, slept well in a clean, quiet room & were treated nicely by the hotel staff. And for a very inexpensive rate. Couldn't have been better. We are looking forward to our upcoming visit.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor & heard no noise from traffic or other guests.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

What a glowing recommendation; we thank you for that.
We have a great staff that works hard, and this review has been posted in our office as recognition for a job well done & motivation to keep it up!
We look forward to your arrival and you can be assured we will make every effort to make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room smelled old and musty and the continental breakfast consisted of bananas, toast, watered down juice, hard boiled eggs and stale, cold cereal and bad coffee. The only thing good was the location to Bellis Fair Mall or the Bellingham Airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were set up to stay here for a soccer tournament, but the hotel charged us for what I believe to be either Double for the room or charged us for a suite..We had a queen double room(no suite) they charged us $150. per night for the most discusting room I have ever stayed in. I stunk, literaly!! Smelled of stail smoke. This was to be a non-smoking room as (never smoked in????????????) nasty!!!! No reason the hotel had to price gouge us because we were playing in a tournament. If anything they should have given us a price break and it would have sent more people here in the future. Bad business logic. If I had known that they were going to charge $150. A night I would have gladly traveled back and forth and saved myself a lot of money. Hotel boasted of its Free breakfast, yeah, cold cereal, coffee you could not get to, some raisin or fruit breads. In other words, a continental breakfast. Certainly not worth $150. The hotel should have been more prepared for this large group of players. They should have given discounts on the rooms as we were filling the place. No one will probably come back. I heard several people complain of the same things. Especially the price increase. I will never stay with your hotel chain again anywhere.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel or they will price gouge you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pennie S
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing the meet your expectations. The special events in Bellingham are the soccer tournaments but there are also numerous summer activities. These are always in the peak rate season. It is not unusual for every hotel to be fully booked on weekends during July & August.
We have highly compensative rates compared to the other Bellingham hotels, and as part of a group, you are the only guests who we give a discount to on these events dates.
We would like to let you know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously as they tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is old. The floors above you squeak and our upstairs neighbours pounded around on their floor until 2am, then started at 6am. You can hear everything above you while you sleep - the people talking, peeing, flushing, walking around (EVERY single step). We asked the manager to talk to them, but it didn't help (the people above us got louder - actually jumping off beds onto the floor). We didn't want to keep complaining so we put up with the noise, but the manager told us in the morning if we kept coming to tell them they would have asked them to leave. I didn't want to keep getting up, leaving my kids alone, to go tell the manager.

The morning pancake maker doesn't work consistently and the breakfast was pretty mediocre.

Location is good; rooms and bathrooms are spacious.

Staff is nice but obviously powerless to help in the situation we faced. The stale smoke smell is HORRENDOUS!! It was nauseating.

A few weeks after our trip I found a charge on my credit card for a rollaway cart that we did not ask for, receive or use. They said on the phone they had no way to prove that I didn't use it, and would charge me anyway. Then I got mad. I asked for a manager and the clerk came back on the phone snickering and said she would reverse the charge. Can't say I'm too happy with their customer service or professionalism.

I would not stay here again, no matter how inexpensive it is. I would suggest you do the same.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel; if you do stay anyway - stay on the top floor (but please be considerate of those below you who can hear every move you make) and stay on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KSR633

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We decided to stay here and were not disappointed. For a reasonable priced hotel, this was a great value. We went up to Mt Baker and this was ideally close to both I-5 and the road to Mt Baker - which is worth the trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and writing a review.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with great customer service and an overall satisfactory stay.