“Good if you just need an inexpensive place to stay for a few days”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our overall stay was great for the cost ground level room close to parking was exactly what we needed for our trip nothing more. But if your looking for a longer stay with more to offer I wouldnt suggest it

Room Tip: We were in 111 ground level close to parking perfect for anyone who dosent like stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction is important to us. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with our usual excellent customer service and accommodations on your next visit to Bellingham.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

An average motel, but easy to get to from I 5. Room was clean and surprisingly quite for being next to the freeway and on ramp. Close to shopping. Free breakfast was usual fair. Parking close to room cam be a challenge.

• Stayed: August 2013
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us & writing a review. We are constantly making every effort to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again and giving us another chance to provide you with accommodations on your next visit to Bellingham.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I myself work front desk for a small hotel in Vancouver, so I guess i was expecting more from a chain of hotels.

The house ladies were helpful and polite, while the old lady at the front desk was mean and didn't give two craps.

I'm a single mother of three 10, 4, 3.

Day of check out, she was busy having a conversations with other people behind the desk....first of all let me explain my morning so you can understand where i was coming from.

no wake up call at 6:00 am and they said yet, but i was sleeping right beside the phone and nada. woke up at 8:00 am, train leaves at 9:30, 15 minutes to the train but my children needed to eat breakfast.

asked for a to-go box they didn't have one, asked for a to-go bag they gave me a garbage bag. took me 45 minutes to check out and my children had to eat on the go.

then she told me to pack some fruits, and if she read my profile, she would know im from canada and I cannot take fruits with me through the border.

over-all the rest of the trip was great, due to the house ladies of the hotel, if it weren't for them i definately wouldn't come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing the meet your expectations regarding the wake up call and the lack of full attention to your needs on your recent visit. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
We would like to let you know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously as they tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting friends and relatives. Room was clean. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was very good. Fruit and muffins were replenished so even late diners had good choices. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean.

Room Tip: Try to a get a room on the other side from the highway as there was a lot of road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We see that you are a top contributor, so your opinion really carries a lot of umph!
Thank you for staying with us & writing a review! We have a good staff that works hard, so your review is being used to show them they’ve done their jobs well & motivation to keep it up! Many thanks.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a basic hotel close to I5 and Bellis Fair. Room was outdated but clean. We could hear the highway from the back, I bet it's really noisy from the side of the hotel facing it. The door was hard to open and the toilet ran- otherwise it was fine. Decent value- you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and letting us know what we can do to improve our service.
Our housekeeping staff work hard at making sure the rooms are clean. We do offer budget prices, but we also try to make sure all our guests are satisfied with their stay.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here two nights in late June. I accidentally left a bag containing 4 pairs of shoes in the room and didn't realize it until the next day when we were visiting friends in Abbottsford, British Columbia. I called the hotel and the bag of shoes had been turned in (no doubt by the room-cleaner) and we went back and picked it up the next day. The whole experience made me feel really good about the hotel and we would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Have been staying here for years off & on. Great for Canadians to want something close to shopping. Good customer service, & clean rooms. Small breakfast in the morning. Would definitely recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2013