New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Bellingham
Burlington, Washington
“Will do in a pinch.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

An average motel, but easy to get to from I 5. Room was clean and surprisingly quite for being next to the freeway and on ramp. Close to shopping. Free breakfast was usual fair. Parking close to room cam be a challenge.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us & writing a review. We are constantly making every effort to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again and giving us another chance to provide you with accommodations on your next visit to Bellingham.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I myself work front desk for a small hotel in Vancouver, so I guess i was expecting more from a chain of hotels.

The house ladies were helpful and polite, while the old lady at the front desk was mean and didn't give two craps.

I'm a single mother of three 10, 4, 3.

Day of check out, she was busy having a conversations with other people behind the desk....first of all let me explain my morning so you can understand where i was coming from.

no wake up call at 6:00 am and they said yet, but i was sleeping right beside the phone and nada. woke up at 8:00 am, train leaves at 9:30, 15 minutes to the train but my children needed to eat breakfast.

asked for a to-go box they didn't have one, asked for a to-go bag they gave me a garbage bag. took me 45 minutes to check out and my children had to eat on the go.

then she told me to pack some fruits, and if she read my profile, she would know im from canada and I cannot take fruits with me through the border.

over-all the rest of the trip was great, due to the house ladies of the hotel, if it weren't for them i definately wouldn't come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing the meet your expectations regarding the wake up call and the lack of full attention to your needs on your recent visit. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
We would like to let you know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously as they tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting friends and relatives. Room was clean. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was very good. Fruit and muffins were replenished so even late diners had good choices. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean.

Room Tip: Try to a get a room on the other side from the highway as there was a lot of road noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Econolodge228, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Bellingham, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We see that you are a top contributor, so your opinion really carries a lot of umph!
Thank you for staying with us & writing a review! We have a good staff that works hard, so your review is being used to show them they’ve done their jobs well & motivation to keep it up! Many thanks.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a basic hotel close to I5 and Bellis Fair. Room was outdated but clean. We could hear the highway from the back, I bet it's really noisy from the side of the hotel facing it. The door was hard to open and the toilet ran- otherwise it was fine. Decent value- you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and letting us know what we can do to improve our service.
Our housekeeping staff work hard at making sure the rooms are clean. We do offer budget prices, but we also try to make sure all our guests are satisfied with their stay.
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here two nights in late June. I accidentally left a bag containing 4 pairs of shoes in the room and didn't realize it until the next day when we were visiting friends in Abbottsford, British Columbia. I called the hotel and the bag of shoes had been turned in (no doubt by the room-cleaner) and we went back and picked it up the next day. The whole experience made me feel really good about the hotel and we would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J0yceCampbell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Have been staying here for years off & on. Great for Canadians to want something close to shopping. Good customer service, & clean rooms. Small breakfast in the morning. Would definitely recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a nice little hotel when you want to stay over for flights or shopping. It is right across from Bellis Fair and only a short distance from the airport. Nothing fancy but it is clean and the beds and pillows are very comfortable. We will stay there every opportunity we get.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper level help to reduce the running and jumping noise of families that stay there.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple