“Yuk”

Good for: Families with children
Pacific NW
“Yuk”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was the worst meal experience I have had in Bellingham or anywhere in a long time. If you like bean sprouts and cilantro, you might like it. They put that on and in everything. I am okay with those ingredients but they over do it. The wait for a table was over a half hour, yet there were empty tables available. They left us standing outside in the cold. The service was poor and no one even smiles in that place (in the downtown restaurant). We ordered spring rolls and they were greasy, tasteless and you guessed it, full of bean sprouts. The soup was bland
also loaded with noodles and cilantro and sprouts. It was noisy, poor value, and no enthusiasm from the wait staff. We were so turned off we took a break from eating out all together for a few weeks. This is my first bad review. i do try to find something good about every place I visit. This was yuk.

3 Thank jogg57

Enniskerry, Ireland
“Fantastic food, less than stellar service”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate at their new restaurant and it was really busy. The food was really good but we wanted another glass of wine and never saw our waiter again. We would have ordered dessert also, but he dropped off the check on a dead run. I think their business model is just to turn tables, but maybe they should think about increasing the sales at each table instead. Whatever, we still will be back!!

• Visited September 2013
“Just try the Vitnamese kitchen”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We had chicken Pho and a rice menue. Both was really delicious. The service was ok we had to asked twice for the drink we ordered before but anyway everything was good we would recomanded

• Visited September 2013
“Perfect, Worth driving here”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

After a day of shopping, my husband and I wanted to go out to dinner. The soy House was close by and we decided to take a chance on Vietnamese food. He had never tried it but I had once before and thought I would not know what was on the menu. The place is small in a shopping center and I think you have to go a bit out of your way to get there since it is not facing a main street. Don't let the size of this place determine its worth. The tables were nearly always full at 6pm on a Saturday. The older gentleman server was very helpful at suggesting items for us. I was delighted to see the menu also in english. We could not have been more delighted with the size of the meal and the taste. Absolutely delicious. Even if you have never tasted Vietnamese food, now its time to take the challenge. Its worth it. Our total bill for 2 people was $25.79, including beverages.

• Visited August 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“Fresh and Flavorful”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am frequently in Bellingham on business and look forward to dining at Soy House. I can dine alone, read a paper or talk with the staff. The food is fresh, healthy and flavorful. My favorite is the green papaya salad. All of the soups are delicious. Authentic, yet creative cuisine.

I prefer to dine at the counter so I can watch the artful preparation.

The dessert menu is a bit limited. I wish there was more to select.

• Visited August 2013