WINNER WONDERLAND

Indian Flavors
Ranked #321 of 432 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Abbotsford, Canada
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went to eat with my boyfriend at about 9 or so on a Tuesday night and there was only one other couple in the restaurant. We waited..and waited...and were seen..but kept waiting. This didn't really bother me too much though since we were not in a big rush. Finally a woman from the back came and seated us. Once we sat down, we got back up and switched tables because one of the booth seats had a huge tear in it. This is not really anything I usually care for--but there was just constantly little things like this that slowly built up to in the end give us a middle-of-the-road experience. When we finally ordered and got our food it was totally average. I have to say the vegetable samosas were very delicious though! I ordered chicken tikka misala and the chicken seemed overcooked--it was extremely dry and chewy (I rarely complain about my food--but this was very noticeable). Like I said, the food was alright--not bad, but not "wow" either. I probably wouldn't return. The one thing that really got me was this fly flying around our food constantly. I know this can happen to any restaurant--but I just feel when one sees there is a fly buzzing around one's restaurant, it's in the best interest of the restaurant for it to be taken care of.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank zanniepop

Bremerton, Washington
“Choose the Buffet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We decided to come back for more Indian food on a Saturday afternoon after staying away for quite some months.The closing hours for the buffet are posted as 3 pm, but as long as folks are arriving, they still keep it fresh. Nan is served right to the table so it's at its best. There were plenty of chicken and veg choices, plus gulab jamun (my favorite) as well as the ever present rice pudding for dessert. We noticed that the irritating "up sell" waiter still works there and seemed in charge of stirring, wiping and answering questions. Easily ignored when he's not working with the menu. Water glasses were filled and we left happy.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mona2446
Portland, Oregon
“Standard Quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I would say this is still the best Indian restaurant in Bellingham. The atmosphere, service, and food are all good. If you enjoy spicy food but have never had good Indian, you should enjoy Cafe Curry. As an Indian food enthusiast, I find the food is a bit bland with definite room for improvement.

• Visited May 2012
Hawaii
“Why isn't this restaurant busier?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Indian Flavors didn't have the best Indian food we've ever eaten, but it was very, very good. The service was attentive but unobtrusive and the restaurant itself was attractive and welcoming. I don't really understand why, during prime dinner hour, there were more staff than customers.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank LJ65
Bremerton, Washington
“We Used to Love this restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

My bf and I have eaten here about a dozen times, but no more! They have my most favorite Indian dish, Paneer Tikka, which I've eaten so many times in India. The last three or four times I've gone down in spice level and there's never a difference. It's always so spicy I can't enjoy the food. Even ordering a "one" did no good. We've given up. Last time was the final straw. They were out of Paneer and said it would be ten minutes. At thirty minutes they offered us cold papadam to shut us up. The relatively new waiter upsells from what the customer orders. "You don't want that unhealthy plain white rice," he insisted. We were used to complimentary rice with full meal orders previously. We will NEVER ever return and I'm sorry. The buffet is okay, but it was still being served after 4 p.m. That's just not fresh food in my book.

• Visited April 2012