“Girls' Night Favorite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anthony's Hearthfire Grill

Anthony's Hearthfire Grill
Ranked #5 of 429 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Soups, Pacific Rim, Seafood, Gluten Free Options
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bellingham, Washington
“Girls' Night Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Anthony's knows how to do Happy Hour! It's our standard. The food is fresh, delicious, generous and priced right. The drink menu is great also. Although not on the Happy Hour menu, you really should order the hearts of romaine, bleu cheese and hazelnuts salad. We get it every time, it's so good!

Visited October 2013

British Columbia
“Expected Better !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We are not from the area however visit often. My sister lives there and has been wanting to try Hearthfire for lunch for a long time; we have all eaten at Anthony's. We were seated promptly, staff was friendly. We were seated by the window which was great, given water and menus. However the service stopped there. We could see the table around us were being tended to promptly, and with what appeared to be friendly waiting staff. We sat for at least 15 minutes before the server came to our table. First appearance not good; her shirt was hanging out, and extremely discolored. Did not appologize for making us wait, just asked if we decided what we wanted. We gave her our order and almost had to get her to come back because she was turning from the table without asking what we wanted to drink ! I asked for coffee, waited another 15 and that is no exageration. When she did bring the coffee, there was no cream or sugar on the table nor did she bring any. I asked her for cream...waited and waited again. We could see she was delivering things to other tables....not even a glance to our table. Finally the wait staff came to pour more water, I asked him for cream which he brought immediately. The server still never glanced at the table. I thought by the time I got the cream my coffee would be cold. She came to the table to ask how our lunch was when we were almost done, asked her for more coffee, she did not ask me...again waited. Too bad service was so poor....the place is nice....not sure that we will go again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank JL09
washington
“Family dinner on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Walked right in and had a table for 5. Everyone had a very good meal and great service. The awesome view is overlooking the marina and we where there at sunset that made it even better.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bellingham, WA
“Gift Card Fiasco”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Until today, I have always loved Hearthfire in Bellingham. So when the waitperson ran our $50 gift card this evening and it came up $00, yes ZERO balance. We were stunned. The manager on duty checked the card number and it didn't register as active in the system. So after getting home, I pulled up my online records and called to tell them the date the gift card was purchased. After doing that, the manager was able to find the records and documentation that the card was purchased by me. Okay, so in the end we'll probably get our $50 back, but we didn't get much of a "sorry for your troubles" from the evening manager. I was told that there may have been a problem with their computer server -- but no apology, no sorry for making your mother's birthday dinner close with a fiasco, no "we'll send you a coupon for a free dessert," and no real sense that they made a good dinner go "bad." I'm really disappointed with them -- the waitperson was great, the manager was cold.
Now I'm concerned that all the $50 Hearthfire gift cards we have given as gifts were actually worth $00. I don't know if I can trust giving their gift cards again...

Visited October 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Well thought-out meal on the waterfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stopped in during a blustery Sunday afternoon to find a few large groups already seated, but no wait for a table for two. We were seated at the windows overlooking the marina -- very scenic. Our server was very friendly and had some great recommendations for us. Upon her suggestion, I changed my starter to the salad special, which featured huckleberries and hazelnuts and was delicious.

The flatbread which accompanied the meal was tasty and portioned just right. The filet was cooked just as I requested and the seafood was fresh and well seasoned. Both of our entrees had servings of crispy green beans, which nearly stole the show. Even the rice, which is usually an afterthought, was filled with goodies like dried cranberries.

All in all, this was a wonderful meal in a lovely location. If we ever find ourselves coming through Bellingham again, this will be a definite stop.

• Visited October 2013