“Lucky you says a Brit”

Anthony's Hearthfire Grill ~ Squalicum Harbor
Reserve with OpenTable
Anthony's Hearthfire Grill ~ Squalicum Harbor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 471 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Visiting from the UK to see friends. Came here about 3 years ago and loved it so wanted to repeat the experience. We were not disappointed. And a great location looking out over the harbour and islands.
Our waitress was a delight and so well informed about the food. Just wished we could have made another visit to sample more of the menu.
If only we had places like this in the UK on the doorstep. Lucky you.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have spent many celebratory meals at Hearthfire and it is always a treat. The location is the best in Bellingham. The views in sun or rain are great. Service is excellent. A great place to just sit back and sip your wine after a long day. Also, the BEST ladies room in the county. Very cleverly designed and pleasant. HA!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The 1st thing I noticed was that the place was popular. The parking lot was full and people were rushing into the restaurant. Even so, we got in with a very short wait.

It was lunch time & I wanted crab, but they didn't have crab on the menu. However, when the hostess realized it was what I wanted she spoke to the kitchen and they offered to prepare the dinner portion of crab cakes for me. It wasn't like cracking the shells but it was a good second. Plus I appreciated their willingness to do what they could to accomodate me.

The crab cakes were a little stringy, not lump crab, but they had really good flavor and good accompaniments.....basmati rice andI don't remember what else, but it was good. The view was of the marina which was quite nice.

I would definitely go back to Anthony's.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We got there about 5:45 and were told that it was going to be a 45 min wait in the dinning room but open seating in the bar. Not sure why there was a 45 min wait when there was 4 open table that we could see and NO ONE waiting before us. But at any rate a table in the bar opened about 5:50 so we grabbed it fast so we would be seated by 6:00 when we got our menus at about 5:53 there was no menus inserts so I asked and they said it was to late the computer locks them out. SAY WHAT most places if your seated or there by the time you get the price. So we were seated in the bar where it was much nosier than if we sat in the dinning room, so that kind of started our meal off on the wrong foot.

But not often we go someplace with the prices our this high so be decided to make the best of it and ordered. Started with gin martini for my husband who never orders one of those but it was happy hours, he said it was worst martini he ever had, then had a rum and coke could not taste the rum. Seen other people sending drinks back and asking for water in place of a drink...

We both want something to go with our dinners so he ordered Bowl of crab chowder $8.95 he was not impressed. I had the hearts of romaine blue cheese salad it was really good for a simple salad, I've came home and made it, many times.

The dinner's were good, I had scampi prawns they were good, but the rice dish had way to much cinnamon in it. My husband had steak and BBQ prawns he said it was good, but the steak was very small for the price, and was not happy about the red potatoes.

The view is nice and it's within walking of our hotel, and nice walk, service was ok. I would go back but will not be taken in by there before 6:00 special!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have eaten at Anthony's Hearthfire Grill three times, primarily because friends find Anthony's Bellingham too noisy for their hearing aids, and secondly because couldn't get into Anthony's.The views are unsurpassed. The food (various choices) has always been excellent. Unfortunately the service (or lack of) has been atrocious. During the most recent visit, albiet the place was busy, we waited for 20 plus minutes after we were seated until asked if we wished a drink. Did this, and asked a question about the menu - mistake. Another twenty minutes we ordered, and luckily another drink. Dinner didn't come for another half hour, even though the serve person told us several times the food was right on the way. Finally we were served. Not once did the serve person ask us if everything was OK and the opportunity for a glass of wine was never given. Will say again, the food was superb, but this place could learn a lot about service from Anthony's just down the street. Those people have it right, with equally good food as the Hearthfire. There is a reason that Anthony's which is a much larger place is always full.