“Food excellent, 45 minute wait for our reservation.”

Anthony's Hearthfire Grill ~ Squalicum Harbor
Ranked #3 of 457 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food is excellent here, and it is very popular especially on Friday and Saturday nights, which is why we were sure to make a reservation. Our reservation was at 6:30, and when we showed up we were told it would be just a minute because they were clearing our table. After waiting 30 minutes, we asked how much longer it would be and told they were very busy and it would be a while. We had a gift certificate, so we waited it out, and it was 7:15 before we were seated. Kinda ruined the vibe for our romantic dinner out. We were given a free appetizer for our wait though, which is why they didn't get a lower rating. At least they tried to make things right. Our server was nice, although we didn't see him much, he was there at the important times. We definitely won't be back on a Saturday night, and I'll be hard pressed to head back anytime soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was an unforgettable night. Not because it was good. We have been here before and tonight we really tried to enjoy it bit to no avail.
Ambiance is great, the place is hoppin' but sadly the food... very disappointing.
Veggies were cold, potatoes were under-cooked. I had the ribs and my wife had the steak Oscar. Just not up to par...disappointing really. Something has happened!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The lobster was mouth watering, but the "sides" were sparse.

Also their"4 course meals by 6 pm" is misleading We arrived at 5.30pm (no reservation) ,got seated by 6.30 pm & couldn't order the 4 course special as we had to be SEATED by 6 pm. Not nice.

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The restaurant was a little hard to find.. good to use a GPS for this one. It's on a rebuilt peninsula in the bay that used to be an industrial area, hence it's literally, "across the tracks" from the city in a very grand and large new complex of hotels, offices, restaurants, etc. right on the bay.

We arrived at the perfect time and got a great table where we could watch the sun set over the bay. There are also tables outdoors for dining al fresco, but it was a bit cool.

The service was not up to par with the quality of the restaurant, unfortunately. It was slow, and for some reason our waitstaff changed during the middle of the meal, then changed back. The initial waiter was a bit too "precious" for my comfort zone-- I mean ostentatious. Oh well! The food was fine, but honestly,
I can't remember what we ate, so it was not exceptional or memorable, which would have been a nice match with the view.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was the fourth time I have eaten at Hearthfire Grill. The staff is wonderfully professional and accommodating from the front desk to the busboys. One of my favorite things about the staff is that when I tell them that my friend and I are there for leisurely lunch while we catch up on each other's lives, they pace their service accordingly. At the same time, when I have said that I need to move the lunch along, they have paced the service properly, checking to make sure that lunch is moving along at the proper pace. I had the large bleu cheese salad with bay shrimp and while it is a simple dish, it was done very well.
I recommend Hearthfire without reservation.

1  Thank Author567