“Lobster Night”

Ranked #5 of 460 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The lobster was mouth watering, but the "sides" were sparse.

Also their"4 course meals by 6 pm" is misleading We arrived at 5.30pm (no reservation) ,got seated by 6.30 pm & couldn't order the 4 course special as we had to be SEATED by 6 pm. Not nice.

1  Thank Joe B

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The restaurant was a little hard to find.. good to use a GPS for this one. It's on a rebuilt peninsula in the bay that used to be an industrial area, hence it's literally, "across the tracks" from the city in a very grand and large new complex of hotels, offices, restaurants, etc. right on the bay.

We arrived at the perfect time and got a great table where we could watch the sun set over the bay. There are also tables outdoors for dining al fresco, but it was a bit cool.

The service was not up to par with the quality of the restaurant, unfortunately. It was slow, and for some reason our waitstaff changed during the middle of the meal, then changed back. The initial waiter was a bit too "precious" for my comfort zone-- I mean ostentatious. Oh well! The food was fine, but honestly,
I can't remember what we ate, so it was not exceptional or memorable, which would have been a nice match with the view.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was the fourth time I have eaten at Hearthfire Grill. The staff is wonderfully professional and accommodating from the front desk to the busboys. One of my favorite things about the staff is that when I tell them that my friend and I are there for leisurely lunch while we catch up on each other's lives, they pace their service accordingly. At the same time, when I have said that I need to move the lunch along, they have paced the service properly, checking to make sure that lunch is moving along at the proper pace. I had the large bleu cheese salad with bay shrimp and while it is a simple dish, it was done very well.
I recommend Hearthfire without reservation.

1  Thank Author567
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Anthony's Hearthfire is right on Bellingham Bay. Usually the street parking is pretty full, but the lower level of the Bellweather Hotel parking garage (just a few steps from Anthony's front door) is open to the public at no charge. It's well marked for Hotel Guests and Public. My wife and I and two friends visited Anthony's last week. Anthony's has a great seafood menu, and we all ordered the "Surf & Turf", which was a small lobster tail and a small sirloin steak. The steak wasn't the most tender I have had, but it was very flavorful, and the lobster tail was perfect. The "Surf and Turf" was on special that night at only $20.00, and it included salad and vegetable. Great bargain, and a low cost opportunity to enjoy the seaside seating at Anthony's. We'll be returning next week for my birthday.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this restaurant for the view and food for a special night out. In the summer I love going and sitting outside on the patio and enjoying lunch or an early 'happy hour' of drinks and appetizers. I've been many times and have tried multiple dishes on the menu and am always happy with my order and service. Every seat seems to have a good view as well.
Our most recent experience we had a large group of about 13 people and the service was really fantastic. Appetizers, drinks, meal & dessert were all great!