“Top Flight!”

and 1 more site!
Coachman Inn
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We made reservations, and they were necessary, the motel was full on a Thursday night. The room was spotless. All the normal amenities, but done "just a bit better!" The queen bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet, AC provided. A large, excellent Continental Breakfast is served by the owner from 5:30 A.M. Good fresh coffee as well as coffee in the room, FRESH bagels, jams, cream cheese, fruit several breakfast drinks. Cost was less than 60% of competing hotels near the airport. Only an 8 minute, easy drive to return car to airport. There is a "communal microwave" in the hallway which can be used by guests. A very pleasant ending to a good driving trip through the Northwest!

Room Tip: The second floor in Building One is quiet and nice. The review for "restaurant" is for br...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Coachman Inn

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The proprietor of this establishment and his staff go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfast was a fine continental breakfast with fresh fruit. The rooms were very clean. The building is a little old and need of some work nonetheless it was a very pleasant place to stay. I would recommend this motel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I also booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and I wasn't dissappointed. The rooms are clean, the whole property is spotless and very well maintained. The beds are comfortable, the water is hot, there are tons of channels on the digital cable tv, the price cant be beat and there is a lovely outdoor pool but most of all the customer service. The owners of the hotel are so friendly and accomodating that's why you want to go back! The whole time we were there my 12 year old kept saying to me we have to come back here! Well we are on our next trip down in August.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Discovered Coachmans Inn via tripadvisor, and it was even better than expected. The rooms are small, but the beds are very comfortable, there's good water pressure and plenty of hot water, it's quiet, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful--and it's very inexpensive. The hotel is located on a bit of a strip, Samich Way, near an Ace Hardware, an REI, and a nice grocery store, Haggan, so we could find everything we needed for our Alaska Ferry trip, all within a half-mile walk. There's a great place to stop for lunch on the way, called Pho 99.

Now, if the ferry will ever leave, we'll be out of here, and on our way!

Room Tip: We got a room with a king bed--just as nice as a fancy hotel bed, at a fraction of the price. Nothi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is the second time in a 16 month period that I have stayed at this hotel and each time I have been treated very well and found the rooms to be very clean. I will be back to stay here when I need to stay in Bellingham.

First of all, it is an older building, so you may not find granite counter tops in your bathroom, but the upside is that these rooms are among the cleanest I've ever come across. Whoever does the cleaning on these rooms deserves a raise or at least a pat on the back.

And the service is excellent. The owners go to great lengths to ensure that you have a good stay. Incredibly friendly and very pleasant. I have stayed at some 4 star hotels and not been treated as well. Two incidents stick out in my mind. The first time I stayed here, I requested a package that needed to be mailed there and the owners accommodated my wish and didn't ask for a cent. Try that at other hotels. This last time, I needed to print out some documents off the internet and the owner let me use his desk computer and once again did not charge me a red cent. If you read this, please take a bow!

The breakfast is first rate, with a combination of cereals, fruits, pastries, oatmeal, yogurt, and even boiled eggs. You will not leave here hungry and I would like to note that as son as one person left their table, the owner was there within 10 seconds to clean the table.

There is a pool and it is clean and very well maintained. IT is very obvious that the owners care a great deal about not only their business but the actual physical building.

One last thing. If you want to book a room, phone the hotel directly as they will be able to place you in a room that best suits you, not what the internet companies put you in.

Room Tip: Phone to book if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was immediately apparent that the ownership is present and involved when we drove up. The person behind the front desk helped us find the right parking space after I misunderstood his irections (It had been a loooong drive). The bathroom was spotless, the shower hot and good pressure, the bed was comfy and the road noise outside was minimal. The gluten free options at breakfast the next morning were MUCH appreciated. Checkout was painless and we were on the road to our next adventure. Did not get to use the fitness facilities or pool but everything looked very nice. I would definitely stay here again. The price can't be beat for what you receive.

Room Tip: The highway noise did not bother me, although our room faced that direction.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very clean and immaculately kept motel, very much in the tradition of a what we remember on Route 66. Everything works correctly. A very friendly staff who attend to your needs immediately with obvious pride in what they do. The small pool is clean and adequate for a warm day's swim. Our bed was as good as any three star hotel. In contrast to other hotels in town, the price for a room is extremely fair. They offered secure storage for our bikes. The hotel was in a prerect location not more than a mile from downtown Bellingham and directly east of the Fairhaven village. There was nothing that one can criticize. The breakfast includes hard boiled eggs, cereals, toast and bagels and the fruit is fresh.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 109 (perfect for two people) which was very convenient to the rest of the motel fa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family