“Good food-poor service.”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bellevue Library/ 111th Ave
Description: Imagine a perfect blend of Eastern European flavors, a perfectly pared glass of wine and a warm and inviting ambiance and you'll have Danube Bistro Restaurant. Located in the heart of downtown Bellevue near Bellevue Square and Whole Foods, Danube Bistro offers amazing lunch and dinner dishes influenced by the incredible flavors and ingredients of Europe. Come in and try our Goulash, Spaghetti Bolognese, or any one of our delicious sandwiches. With our extensive wine list, cocktails, beer, and appetizers, our daily happy hour is one not to be missed. We are also available for private parties, so book your holiday, birthday, or any other special events with us now. If you are in Bellevue and looking for a gourmet dining experience, look no further than Danube Bistro Restaurant.
Kamloops, Canada
“Good food-poor service.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I came here on a Friday night with our toddler. The sign said Italian, German and the waiter that greeted us at the door seemed charismatic and engaged so we came in and sat outside on the patio. We were promptly served water, bread and menus so all seemed good. It went downhill from there. We waited a very long time to get our drink and food orders in. When I went into the restaurant to use the washroom, I seen the specials on the board that the waiter never mentioned. The food when it came was uneven. The appetizer of calamari was very nice. When we finally got our food, it was clear that the waiter forgot about the order for our son. I had the spaghetti with gorgonzola with prawns and my husband had the wiener schnitzel. My pasta was awesome (hence the upgrade from poor to average) My husband's schnitzel was very dry. My son's food came toward the end of our meal and by then he was full from sharing our food so he was no longer interested. On a positive note, they did not charge for our sons meal. Also, the waiter seemed to pour a very generous portion of wine-not sure if he was compensating for difficulties with staff. Overall - I got the impression that this is potentially a very fine place to have a meal but they were having a very off night and we unfortunately paid for that with poor service and food. Based on our experience, it was expensive enough that we would not go back. It was one of the very few occasions that we did not leave a tip for the server.

• Visited June 2013

Seattle
“Terrible experience!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a terrible experience which was sad as the food was delicious, particularly the wienerschnitzel - one of the tastiest we have had! The nightmare started with the waiter when we told him we had a Living Social coupon - he said it was a mistake and couldn't honor it but later agreed to honor it, only to find out when we received the bill, they did not honor it, the owner, a woman, became very argumentative - it was an awful experience. The waiter was nice but he said his "Hands were tied" - - A shame as the food was very good but the ownership has no sense of honor nor customer service - -

• Visited May 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Location is the problem.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Remember what they say the three most important factors are in buying real estate? Well it applies to restaurants too. Danube Bistro serves excellent tasty central Euopean dishes, and although we're no wine aficionados, these too seemed up to the quality of the food. , Unfortunately the facility leaves you wondering if you really want to spend that amount of money for a good meal served in a place that could more easily pass for a lunchtime sandwich shop, with service to match.

• Visited April 2013
Gold Bar, Washington
“odd experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food was good but overly spiced for German food.Bread was good, salad was good, but I would not return. Too much spice for me. I don;t mean herbs but spices,

was over priced for what we ate. it was $74 for 2 entrees,2 salads,and 1 beer. i had water.

• Visited April 2013
“Bad experience!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Poor quality food, not to many choices, the gulas no taste, the cake was the worst.
This restaurant has a good location but the service, decoration and food are totaly inapriate!