“Danube good food...”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bellevue Library/ 111th Ave
Description: Imagine a perfect blend of Eastern European flavors, a perfectly pared glass of wine and a warm and inviting ambiance and you'll have Danube Bistro Restaurant. Located in the heart of downtown Bellevue near Bellevue Square and Whole Foods, Danube Bistro offers amazing lunch and dinner dishes influenced by the incredible flavors and ingredients of Europe. Come in and try our Goulash, Spaghetti Bolognese, or any one of our delicious sandwiches. With our extensive wine list, cocktails, beer, and appetizers, our daily happy hour is one not to be missed. We are also available for private parties, so book your holiday, birthday, or any other special events with us now. If you are in Bellevue and looking for a gourmet dining experience, look no further than Danube Bistro Restaurant.
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Well, just having been in Prague and Vienna we went with friends to try the Danube Bistro, hankering for a schnitzel or goulash...

it was a slow Tuesday night, the service was attentive and fast. I had the Jaeger schnitzel, a Weiner schnitzel with a white gravy, onions, bacon...very tasty...but a bit skimpy on the pork cutlet...now having said that, in Europe the thickness varies so this was not out of bounds, but for the US consumer a bit skimpy. My sweetheart had the Spaghetti Bolognese, it was a large portion very good, but mysteriously, only warmish when it arrived. A mixed green salad with Balsamic started us out it was good with tomatos and english cucumber slices...a bit tired, some discoloration, which turns me off but I ate it anyway and it tasted fine.

A bottle of Hungarian Cabernet, very light bodied more like a pinot, 2000 vintage, passable but overpriced when a $10 woodinville blend blows it away...We may return, the basics were pretty good and found in few places in this region.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The serving on their ravioli was pretty small considering the price. Service is so-so. When we pointed out that the serving was too small the server was a bit pissed. Won't go back there again. Plus the place is just sad looking

Reviewed July 3, 2012

It was my son's birthday and we were looking for something special. He was so looking forward to a Schnitzel and were elated to find out that there was an Italian/German restaurant in Bellevue. The Schnitzel was paper-thin and tasted only like the breadcrumbs. I don't know what the Italian food is like but I wouldn't recommend the German food. When I left half my Schnitzel on the plate and told the waiter I didn't like it, he responded with: you should have told me earlier when I came by. Except when he came by, we hadn't even started eating. Very disappointed.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We first found this restaurant through the entertainment book 2 years ago. We like to go out every Saturday night and meet friends and usually try to find different places to go. We seem to keep wanting to come back here. The restaurant is European in its offerings and is owned by a European couple. The best part is that the food is fantastic. The sauces are some of the best we have had anywhere. Inside is very authentic euro feel - small and cozy but they also have an outdoor patio open in warmer weather which we love. The specialty sole piccata is my favorite as well as a light bulgarian white wine that has just a touch of sparkle to it. Great, great meal!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This restaurant has a lovely patio but it is nice inside on a cold Spring day in Bellevue, as well. The food is hearty and plentiful; you won't leave hungry. My husband enjoyed his stuffed cabbage, veggie-style and my chicken cannaloni was very good. This food is on the robust side but I saw the
waiter serve a nice salad to a young women who wanted a lighter entree. The service was good, despite the busy night. Try the apple strudel for dessert. It's delicious.