“Average food, very very noisy”
Review of Maggiano's

Maggiano's
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggiano's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 570 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE 8th Street & Bellevue Way
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Okay, so it was Friday night, but even so, one literally had to shout to be heard, particularly while waiting for a table (yes, I did make a reservation, but even so, it took over ten minutes from when I arrived, exactly on time, for the table to be ready - clearly a 'reservation' merely means you get the next available table, not that they hold a table for you).

Hard floors, walls and ceilings all echoed the noise; add a few screaming children and drunken groups, and - well, let's just say it was not exactly a quiet intimate dining experience!

The food was averagely good. Nothing to complain about, but not brilliant Italian food either, although one would be naieve to expect culinary excellence in a place that seems to specialize in serving as many meals as quickly as possible. They had an unadvertised deal - order one pasta meal, get a second to take home with you - which was a good thing.

By giving this three stars I don't mean to 'diss' the restaurant. There is nothing bad about it (other than the noise).

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The portions here are huge! They guarantee that you will not leave hungry. Ate here with a friend for lunch. We each had our own salad and then split the rigatoni and still had leftovers to box up and take home. Their fresh bread was plentiful and some of the best I've had in a long while. We split the creme brulee, which was delicious and they also served us some lemon cookies which were quite good. Not sure if the cookies are standard with every meal or if we got them because we were celebrating a birthday, anyway they came with a candle and it was a nice touch. Our waitress was friendly and helpful and I loved the ambiance. Great jazz music and old classics playing. I also noted they offer gluten-free pasta which is a plus as not that many Italian places do. Great location, just across from Bellevue Square. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Magiannos was very delicious. The entres, cocktails are fantastic. The atmosphere makes me feel like im in the 1930's, beautiful restaurant. Next to bellevue Square and inside of Lincoln square. You won't regret going.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have had the chance to eat here for work as well as family functions. The food is good and they do have private rooms for business functions.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Service was excellent and the staff made you feel welcome. Food was the best of all the places we ate that week. Coworker's raved about the steak and the pasta. I had the parmesean crusted tilapia. Perfection!

Been to Maggiano's? Share your experiences!