“Delicious!”
Review of Spice Route

Spice Route
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Route is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 557 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were invited to this restaurant by a couple of friends who warned us to get there as soon as it opened, because the tables fill up fast and people wait in line out the door. They were right! The food was really, really good. As a vegetarian, I appreciated that the self-serve lines were separated, with meat dishes in one line and non-meat dishes in another. Surprisingly, there were twice as many meatless dishes! Woo hoo! When a restaurant is almost entirely filled with people whose nationality is the same as the cuisine being offered, I think that's a pretty reliable indicator that the food is good. Servers came by three times to clear our used dishes, and did not interrupt the meal in any way. The price, $15 for the unlimited lunch buffet, is fair. I am definitely looking forward to another visit!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We've been here twice, once for dinner, and the other for a weekend lunch buffet.
I enjoyed our dinner alot --> We had the chicken chettinad, which was amazing.
Unfortunately, they didn't serve the CC during the lunch buffet.
The place is nice, the service is nothing special, but they have good food.

The lunch buffet felt like being in an Indian bust station. Food was decent (not as good the a la carte menu), but tons of people.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you are a Vegan don't even thing of eating here. Yesterday I order 2 Veg Biryani's to go and I found a big bone in the second biryani. When called them immediately to inform about it their Kitchen in charge answers the call and says that " I didn't add bones in your biryani, don't know where you got it from?" these guys are irresponsible, inefficient if serving quality food.

1  Thank Sashi R
Reviewed July 1, 2013

So glad that we tried this restaurant out. It was busy with many South Asians, I assumed that that was a very good sign - and it was. The service was friendly and efficient. In no time, we received our samosas (very spicy and big), butter chicken, curry chicken with coconut milk, roti, naan and rice. Our family of three couldn't finish all of it. Can't wait to try it again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I live in Seattle and don't go to Bellevue very often, but when I do, I have to eat at the Spice Route. They have a lovely lunchtime Indian buffet with a separate kiosk for meat dishes. Most dishes are vegetarian and many are dishes I've only seen in London, never in the U.S. The food is spicy but not overly so and a bit lighter. Curd rice, poriyal, and many dishes whose names I can't recall but all delicious. Good chai. Dosa are only available at dinner and yes, there's good coconut chutney. I'd eat here more often if it weren't so far away.