“Good Non-Veg South Indian Food”
Review of Spice Route

Spice Route
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Route is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 546 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Good Non-Veg South Indian Food”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We've been here twice, once for dinner, and the other for a weekend lunch buffet.
I enjoyed our dinner alot --> We had the chicken chettinad, which was amazing.
Unfortunately, they didn't serve the CC during the lunch buffet.
The place is nice, the service is nothing special, but they have good food.

The lunch buffet felt like being in an Indian bust station. Food was decent (not as good the a la carte menu), but tons of people.

• Visited August 2013

Bellevue
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vegetarians beware”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you are a Vegan don't even thing of eating here. Yesterday I order 2 Veg Biryani's to go and I found a big bone in the second biryani. When called them immediately to inform about it their Kitchen in charge answers the call and says that " I didn't add bones in your biryani, don't know where you got it from?" these guys are irresponsible, inefficient if serving quality food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sashi R
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious and Authentic Meal...will return”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

So glad that we tried this restaurant out. It was busy with many South Asians, I assumed that that was a very good sign - and it was. The service was friendly and efficient. In no time, we received our samosas (very spicy and big), butter chicken, curry chicken with coconut milk, roti, naan and rice. Our family of three couldn't finish all of it. Can't wait to try it again.

• Visited June 2013
seattle
“Why is Southern Indian food so hard to find?”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I live in Seattle and don't go to Bellevue very often, but when I do, I have to eat at the Spice Route. They have a lovely lunchtime Indian buffet with a separate kiosk for meat dishes. Most dishes are vegetarian and many are dishes I've only seen in London, never in the U.S. The food is spicy but not overly so and a bit lighter. Curd rice, poriyal, and many dishes whose names I can't recall but all delicious. Good chai. Dosa are only available at dinner and yes, there's good coconut chutney. I'd eat here more often if it weren't so far away.

• Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“good review from an Indian food novice”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am not an expert on Indian food.. but I usually make my judgement by the quality of its yogurt and its vegetarian entrees. So I rate this restaurant as better than good. The ambiance is not great, staff is helpful, the luncheon buffet had a great spread and variety. Desserts were too sweet. Like all buffet experiences go, this rates as good value for your money.

• Visited June 2013