“Best Chinese food ever!”
Review of Szechuan Chef

Szechuan Chef
Ranked #113 of 546 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Chinese
Magnolia, Texas
“Best Chinese food ever!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I don't know what else to say. I love Chinese food. My husband loves Chinese food. We eat it often at a lot of different places and this was simply the best we've ever encountered...better than anything in Chinatown in San Francisco or NYC. The menu was ridiculously full of choices and, with the exception of some of the dishes involving intestines, we wanted to try everything! The green onion pancake appetizer was scumptious and the chicken with string beans was simply one of the best things I've ever eaten anywhere. Service is a little slow...the atmosphere is very "strip-mall"...but it's totally worth a visit if you're anywhere nearby.

Visited July 2012

“Inconsistent, few highlights”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Service is sometimes fast, sometimes slow and you have to beg for someone's attention, ask for a fork three times etc. Some of the dried chicken dishes are made with that stuff that's 90% goo and 10% chicken. The honey walnut chicken isn't, and it was great, so was the beef in gravy. Didn't like the mandarin spicy chicken at all as it was made with the 90% goo stuff. Last time I was there the service was really poor. Decor always been OK. Gotta find a new favorite Chinese place.

• Visited June 2012
Nevada, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

It was a perfect meal for the whole family! Seemed very authentic and had a varied menu. Pot stickers and egg rolls excellent. Great orange beef and shrimp.

1 Thank Adele B
Idaho
“Chow Mein not so great.”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I had beef chow mein and there was very little beef in it. I may have missed something when ordering but I've never had those kind of noodles in my chow mein. It made it too mushy. That may have been my fault.

Visited December 2011
Castlegar, Canada
“I wish this is where I live!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This is one KILLER Szechuan restaurant..period...yes the decor is cheesy..so what? If you want mediocre food with fancy atmosphere, go somewhere else..no shortage in Seattle.

Yes service can be slow...Here..I will happily wait and watch the people scarfing food like crazy.
Every time I'm in the Sea-Tac area, I make a beeline for here..This place is very busy, and full of chinese people eating...battling the traffic and going out of your way is well worth it..

• Visited April 2011