“Chow Mein not so great.”
Review of Szechuan Chef

Szechuan Chef
Ranked #144 of 553 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I had beef chow mein and there was very little beef in it. I may have missed something when ordering but I've never had those kind of noodles in my chow mein. It made it too mushy. That may have been my fault.

There are newer reviews for Szechuan Chef

Reviewed September 4, 2011

This is one KILLER Szechuan restaurant..period...yes the decor is cheesy..so what? If you want mediocre food with fancy atmosphere, go somewhere else..no shortage in Seattle.

Yes service can be slow...Here..I will happily wait and watch the people scarfing food like crazy.
Every time I'm in the Sea-Tac area, I make a beeline for here..This place is very busy, and full of chinese people eating...battling the traffic and going out of your way is well worth it..

Reviewed August 5, 2011

The menu is interesting., The food is well prepared. You can order it mild or hot. The atmosphere is pleasant, a cut above the usual Asian restaurant. Service has always been good, and pleasant - with a smile.
We eat lunch here regularly. Even the complimentary tea is deelicious.
It is a little hard to find (projected until November 2011) because Kelsey Creek Shopping Center is being remodeled) but it is worth your while to make the effort.

Reviewed December 24, 2010

We went there for dinner tonight. Our party of 4 split the following 5 dishes:

- Chicken Chow Mein w/Hand Shaved Noodles
- Moo Shu Beef w/4 Pancakes
- Honey Walnut Crispy Chicken
- Garlic String Bean
- Fried Rice with Egg

The Chicken Chow Mein w/Hand Shaved Noodles was served first, literally 90 seconds after we gave our order. If that was all they had served us for dinner, we would've walked away very impressed. This dish was excellent.

The Moo Shu Beef w/4 Pancakes came with a fantastic hoisin sauce that really brought out the flavor of the dish.

The Honey Walnut Crispy Chicken was only slightly above average, but still good.

The Garlic String Bean dish was STELLAR. It's garlic sauce was so deliciously garlicky, without being harsh that I begged our waiter for the recipe.

Finally, the Fried Rice with Egg was pretty standard.

This is as good a Chinese place as I've ever been to, and I definitely plan on going back.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

We tried this place, food is ok, service is bad.

Pro:
Good portion for price
Con:
Food is average
Service is bad, you have to wave at them to get waiter attention
Silverware/plates cheap material

Been to Szechuan Chef? Share your experiences!