“Good hotel. Small beds.”

The Westin Bellevue
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Los Angeles, CA
“Good hotel. Small beds.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

Good hotel and service. Decor is modern and neutral, so you feel very peaceful and relaxed once you enter the hotel. Bathrooms are clean and spacious. The "heavenly bath" has a curved shower rod and two showerheads. Very nice. Only complaint was that the double beds were unusually small. Maybe it's because they're "heavenly beds"? All in all, a great hotel and will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
cb1Seattle, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, October 22, 2009
We're so pleased our calming surroundings provided a refreshing experience for you during your recent stay with us, and that you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed despite it's size (it's a standard double)...let me know the next time you are coming in, and I'll be sure we provide you with a king size, for maximum Heaven!

Be well, and let us know when we can be of service again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
Burien
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We recently had a free room to use with our Starwood membership and so stayed at the Bellevue Westin. They gave the kids a jar of jelly beans when we got their and the kids loved that. Our room was clean and really comfy. We used the swimming pool which is really nice and not at all crowded, but cold. This is the second time we stayed in this hotel and both times the pool was too cold for the kids to stay in very long. We had dinner across the street at Belleview Square which has a lot of great restaurants and the theater is next door. It was a very nice hotel, very nice staff and a nice staycation.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
cb1Seattle, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, October 22, 2009
Thank you for writing such a lovely review, and we're pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us...glad the jelly beans were a highlight for the kiddos!

Our apologies for the cool temperature of the pool, and as a result of your comments, we've increased the thermostat and stepped up our watch of the temperatures for future. We appreciate your comments, and hope to have you in our care again soon.

Be well.
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

We went to Bellevue after not being able to find a decent priced hotel in Seattle. After getting a fairly better rate we decided to book with the Westin. Check-in and out was fairly easy. The hotel is situated across from Bellevue Mall (great if you love to shop like me!) and pretty much close to restaurants (cheesecake factory, irish pub). There is also a movie theatre beside the hotel. The room was nice...had all the basics. My only complaint was that you have to pay $12.99 for WI-FI! Coming from a town that has Microsoft and a lot of the large companies..you would have thought they would throw it in. My guess is the hotel caters to a lot of business travellers that don't blink an eye at the cost. The building to the right of the hotel has free WI FI, so we used it when we went to the pub for a beer.
All in all, I would stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Sorry for the delay in writing back to you about your recent review and stay at our hotel. First, let me thank you for taking the time to write your kind words about our hotel and your experiences...it is a fun neighborhood!!

Also, thank you for your comments relative to the internet fees at our hotel, and we'll be working on that for future.

Please let us know when your travels bring you back to our hotel in the future, and we'll look forward to welcoming you back.
usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

My stay was ok- nothing remarkable. The front desk staff could be more helpful. I did not dislike my stay but I was not impressed either.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and we do appreciate all comments that will help us to provide a better experience for our guests. How can we get to "remarkable" in your eyes? I'm sorry your interactions with our front desk staff weren't up to our usual intuitive standards, and I can assure you it's highly unusual for us.

Are you willing to give us another chance? Please let me know personally when your travel brings you back to Bellevue, so that we are able to redeem ourselves.

Be well.
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed for a long weekend and had a great stay. Staff was friendly and the hotel is in good condition, up to the Westin standard. Location is great for Bellevue shopping, dining etc. Overall a very positive experience and I would definitely be back.

On the negative side... I had requested hypo allergenic bedding. Which we did get, but at the same time the room was still quite dusty. For somebody with serious allergies this would have been an issue.

Then there is the concept of "view". I paid a little extra for a room with a view. Well, I guess we had a view of South Bellevue and at one point Mt Rainier. What do you get if you do not pay for the view? Room facing another building? I am really not sure if the "view" was worth the extra money. Going forward I would probably ask to see the room and then at check in decide if I want to pay extra.

Pool is indoors, but the weather cooperated nicely and we were able to sit outside. It would be nice to get more staff attention to the pool area, ie collect towels from the chairs and maybe even move some of the chairs outdoors. We were left to do it ourselves and it was mostly a two person job.

We also had a bit of an issue with the garage. Car was returned with a mystery stain on it, but Westin has been very responsive on getting it fixed.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
cb1Seattle, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, July 28, 2009
We are so delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and thank you for the kind words relative to our staff and service. We look forward to having you back again soon...hopefully before the next big Nordstrom sale!

Be well. Cindi Breen, Director of Sales & Marketing.
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

My family made a quick Seattle run for the Nordstrom sale this weekend and we love the Bellevue Square Mall, so I checked out the the Starwood site showed some great deals to be had at the Westin Bellevue (less than $100 a night).

After tweeting about the great find, I was pleasantly surprised to be tweeted back by @WestinBellevue welcoming me to the property and asking for a our reservation name to help out with special treats.

When we arrived we were upgraded to a beautiful room overlooking Lake Washington and found a chilled bottle of bubble with chocolate strawberries and a card congratulating us on our recent marriage and thanking us for the visit.

The service is only the beginning of the stay. The Westin Bellevue is a gorgeous property. It has the class and elegance of a W Hotel without the cost.

My wife is already dreaming of a girls’ weekend getaway to Seattle this fall.

Oh, and if you want to go for a run, just ask the front desk. They have convenient pocket maps of the region with running routes hand picked by Runners World Magazine.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
I guess since we tweeted you back in July, I'm just following up to see if we can help your wife with the girls getaway weekend you mentioned in your comments!!

We'd love to have you back in our care, and we appreciate your inspiring words about our staff and the experience you had here this summer...

Be well, and let us know if we can assist.
Cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I wasn't able to book an entire weekend at a downtown Seattle hotel, so I decided to hotel-hop, and booked a one-night stay at the Westin Bellevue.

This property does a fairly good job of maintaining the Westin brand. My room had the standard large desk, Heavenly Bed, and green leather furniture. The bathroom and shower were good and reliable, and my room had a decent view of Bellevue. Parking is shared with the Bellevue Square shopping centre, so space is rather tight, and weekday parking comes at a cost. Front desk was reliable, and service was good.

The location of the Westin is really good if you need to look for a nearby restaurant, grab some reading materials at Barnes and Noble, or see a movie. It's also within a stone's throw of many major corporate offices, so I can see this as a dependable business hotel.

But if you're here to visit Seattle, you're better off looking for a property in Seattle proper. It's a relatively long drive to downtown Seattle, plus Hwy 520 gets to be busy on occasion. The location is good for a stopover on the way to Mt Rainier, or if you have business meetings in the area. I would book this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo