“Westin a great place to stay!”

The Westin Bellevue
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed February 25, 2009

My girlfriend and I just got back from a weekend away at the Westin and loved it. I have never stayed in Bellevue before and was pleasantly surprised at the incredible shops and restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel staff was friendly and extremely helpful, we upgraded to a suite and were thrilled at the room. huge jacuzzi tub, great balcony with chairs, a huge room with a great bed, a desk with power outlets for your laptop and a cozy reading chair.

The gym is 24 hours and a good size, with about 20 machines total and some free weights. They also have the Wii Fitness program if you ask for it. The indoor pool is open until 11pm, and is a decent size with towels and a large area to sit and lounge. We didn't get to use the spa, but their treatments were a good price and they had a wide range of them.

We stayed and got the $100 gift certificate deal which made the rate a real deal - I have stayed in so-so hotels for the same price.

Overall a great trip! We'll be back for sure.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joel B

Reviewed January 12, 2009

Great location! Best thing about the hotel is that it's pet-friendly, and all of the staff are extremely professional, friendly and kind to pets. Room was very comfortable. Large park a few blocks away to walk dogs. If you want to shop & eat out, you don't even have to go outside. There are covered walkways to Bellevue Square. Definitely a luxurious hotel, but not stuffy or pretentious. Love the modern decor. Great drinks in the bar. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank jeaniebeanie74
Reviewed December 29, 2008

A beautiful, modern hotel that is a less expensive alternative to downtown Seattle. The room was a clean, stylish, spacious corner suite with a stellar view, comfortable bed and nice toiletries. In the morning we had room service send up a continental breakfast which included juice, coffee, nicely presented fruit plates and some quality pastries. It's the most reasonably-priced breakfast (by hotel standards) on the menu. There is self-parking in the garage beneath the hotel and the elevator takes you right up the to the lobby. When you check in they give you a ticket which you must put on your dashboard. Parking costs $25 dollars and valet is available for a few dollars more. One reviewer said that self-parking was free but this is not true, perhaps he/she got a special deal of some kind. Don't waste your time looking for a cheaper place to park like we did. Just pay it, forget it, and get on with enjoying your stay. The Westin Bellvue is a great location for shopping as there is a big mall across the street with all the major stores like Nordstrom, Macy's, Apple, Crate & Barrel, The Container Store etc. and tons of great restaurants to choose from. If you intend to do lots of shopping, it's much more convenient and less expensive than staying in downtown Seattle. Checkout was hassle-free. They slipped my folio under my door first thing in the morning, I did in-room video checkout and dropped my keys in the slot in the lobby. No lining up at all. Bellevue is a scenic and pleasant place to visit, I would recommend it for a shopping trip or a leisurely getaway. I'll definitely stay at the Westin Bellevue again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amac604
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Only stayed one night. It is very modern, central location, and everything you would expect from a Westin, but still some details that could be improved upon:

1) Showers are fixed to the bathroom wall 5 ft above the bath tub. Being 6 ft +, taking a shower included an undesirable yoga exercise to twist myself underneath the shower.
2) Computer network (both WLAN and wired) were out of order for half of my stay
3) SPG level is only a posted sign in the hallway, no special services
4) Slow checkout: Took me 15 minutes waiting for the complete bill even if I had requested to have the breakfast change transferred to the front desk ASAP when dining 60 minutes earlier.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Orbit0353
Reviewed December 7, 2008

First of all, my grammer is poor but hope you guys are able to understand and i am a traveller from Vancouver.

In the beginning of the trip, i read reviews about Westin before i make a reservation with my family for 1 night stay. I heard a lot of good reviews so i made up my mind to make a reservation through the phone. Nightmare begins, the communication between me and the lady is horrible. She doesnt seems to understand what i need, then she get really rude and yell on the phone. I am fine with it, ended up booking a traditional room for myself and my parents.

After we arrived to the hotel, the counter girls are really nice(i cant believe i was talking with those girls), then we get our rooms. I am not sure if that is normal but the traditional room is so so. The bed is amazing but the washroom smells horrible. Then, i talked with the counter girls again and see if we can pay more to upgrade to a better room(maybe a deluxe?), but they rejected me because its all booked up because of high season.
I also ask for another room(traditional) but got refused.

However, they are some good sides about this hotel, the location is amazing and the bed is amazing too.

I guess i will try Westin Bellevue in this december again for an anniversary to see if they have improved a lot.

Again? maybe.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ecky409
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Beautiful hotel with very nice rooms and an extraordinary staff. The front desk staff was very pleasant and upgraded us to a corner room with a fantastic view. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Unfortunately our bathroom did not smell so great, but since we only stayed for 2 days we did not complain about it. Beds were comfortable and the lobby was spacious and welcoming.

The location was great with shopping and restaurants nearby. The Palomino restaurant around the corner had a great happy hour menu from 3-6pm and after 9pm.

Internet access was $10/day and parking was $21/day. Luckily we didn't rent a car for the trip.

Overall we were satisfied, however this hotel is not worth $400 a night as we have stayed in many equally nice hotels for much less.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Room is good, location just in fronting of the shopping center is perfect for shopping and restaurants.
Breakfast is good, sports room (including nice swimming pool)
Concierge is OK
Parking is too expensive
Room was not super clean
I rate this hotel above average because I got a good price for the room. The rating would be at average if I had to paid the full room price.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business