“Very Nice Experience”

The Westin Bellevue
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
“Very Nice Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Bellevue for two weeks. It is a wonderful hotel, well apportioned, and a very nice retreat at the end of a hectic day. The rooms are wonderful, the beds very comfortable and the amenities in the room are top notch.

One piece of advice - ask for the mini-bar key or else you will be locked out of it for the week.

You will also be offered their "Go Green" program that gives you 500 additional points for every day you decline housekeeping. During the first week I stayed, I commited to the program, but found it a little odd to have had the bottle of water in my room refreshed, but not at least one additional towel left. The second week I decline the offer and had a much better experience.

The only downside of my experience was the Cypress restaurant. My continental breakfasts during my first week seemed overpriced for the offerings ($20 for a breakfast buffet) and during a late night (11:00 p.m.) stop at the bar during my second week, I felt our party was given the bum's rush to leave so that the restaurant could be closed for the evening. We were told we could finish our drinks in the lobby, but opted to leave them behind rather than have our drinks in a common area.

These were a few minor hiccups that kept and excellent experience from being outstanding. Should I return to Bellevue again, the Westin will definitely be a stop, but breakfast may be at Starbucks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rita S, Executive Assistant at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We’re delighted you enjoyed your extended stay with us and appreciate your positive comments relative to our hotel and well appointed guest rooms furnished with our world renowned Heavenly Bed and white tea bath products.

In regard to mini bar access, all of our guests are offered a mini bar key upon check in. If unsure whether they want one and then later during their stay decide to use the mini bar, guests may simply call our Service Express staff that is happy to accommodate their request. We apologize for any misunderstanding.

At Starwood we are committed to making the world a better place. We do have a wonderful "make a green choice" option here at The Westin Bellevue. We thank you for committing to the “Go Green” program forgoing daily housekeeping service with full housekeeping services every third day of your stay. Water is replenished daily and this is outside of the green choice program.

Our Cypress Lounge & Wine Bar is a favorite restaurant for many of our repeat customers and locals alike so we are disappointed your experience left you disenchanted and rushed. We appreciate your comments and will share them with our restaurant management team. Our Cold Creations breakfast buffet is $16 so please, if you feel you’ve been overcharged, contact us at paul.peralta@westin.com and we’ll be happy to refund you the price difference. You’ll be happy to know that plans are underway to enhance our hot breakfast buffet menu at Cypress Lounge & Wine Bar later on in the year to include delicious and fresh made-to-order eggs attentively prepared daily by our chef for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you for visiting our hotel. We’ll look forward to presenting you with an outstanding stay should you travels bring you back to the Bellevue area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
Sitges, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I really like Bellevue for its proximity to the airport, down town and location relative to clients in the area. I can't be much more central. As a big fan of the Starwood Group beds, I tend to pick the Westin when I'm here, and kinda surprised I've not submitted a review before.
I was on the 17th floor with great views of the area. The room was large and well appointed. Extra stars for the power sockets on the lamps by the bed for recharging the phone and for the pop up at the very comfortable desk.
The bathroom is excellently stocked with fluffy towels and the rainforest shower is just perfect to bring me to life in the morning.
Extra points again for free water bottles restocked every morning and, as I've just been emailed my bill, it seems I get free parking underneath as well, but I'll check that on check out.
I haven't used the dining facilities especially since there are plenty of restaurants in the proximity. Just enough time to do a little shopping in the mall across the street before heading out to the airport. A travellers perfection. Will I return? Did you need to ask that :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rita S, Executive Assistant at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Wow, you've really made our day with the delightful review you gave us! Thank you for the warm comments relative to our convenient location in the heart of downtown Bellevue and our well appointed guest rooms. We’re delighted you enjoyed your view guest room with our world-renowned Heavenly Bed and that our Heavenly Bath enhanced your shower experience with our newly designed, revitalizing rain shower and extra-large combed cotton fluffy towels.

Perhaps on your next visit you may visit our Cypress Lounge & Wine Bar to start your day with an energizing breakfast buffet or stop by in the evening to unwind from day to night with a premium Washington wine.

Again thank you for taking the time to present a glowing review. We will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.
Vancouver BC Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

It was short and sweet but worth every minute of it. Again the Westin service was above and beyond. We get special rate due to my son being an executive chef at another Westin. They were only able to give us one night but if we changed rooms to a King with a single (amazing heavenly mattress on it) we would get both nights. It was a girls get away so sharing one huge bed was not a problem and my lil man had the cot.
This hotel pool and hot tub is kept extremely clean and has everything you may need. It has a beautiful patio to sit out on the sunny days.........R&R at its best.
The only downside was one of the restaurants in the area PF Chang............the food was not edible. The manager took off $1 off the bill. Only one person out of 3 was able to eat part of their meal.
Cheese Cake Factory and the Westin served us all just fine......can`t wait to go back !!!!

Room Tip: Self parking is free and easy access from the hotel. Valet parking is pricey but if you can manage...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alexis M
Feedback like yours makes us smile! We are always happy to welcome family members of our Starwood associates to our hotel. Sounds like your girl’s weekend getaway was all that you hoped for. We are delighted to hear you experienced the above and beyond level of service we provide here at The Westin Bellevue.

So glad your stay was enhanced by our indoor, heated 25 meter lap pool with floor-to ceiling windows for an abundance of natural light and that you enjoyed soothing rest and relaxation time on the outdoor deck overlooking the city.

We’re sorry you encountered a less than satisfactory dining experience at one of the many nearby restaurants. Our concierge staff is always on hand to assist you with recommendations on the best places in town to eat. Perhaps on your next visit you may take advantage of their knowledge with dining options.

Hopefully you will be able to extend your subsequent stay a little longer. We’ll look forward to it.
Bellevue, Washington, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is shockingly boring and bland and ugly. The hotel lobby is nothing more than two kiosks in a small confined space. We are SPG Gold members and I was told our room was an "upgraded room with a view" on the "special SPG" level. I doubted this considering we were on floor 10 of 19 and the view was a parking lot! Horrible! When I asked what they meant by "view", the answer was if you stand at the window and try to look west you can kind of see some water. Only suites face west (towards water), so unless you are in a suite, expect a view of hideous parking lots and dirty roof tops.

The hotel does sell out to business travelers during the week, so I guess that is who they cater too. If you are looking for an "escape" or vacation.... don't stay here. Waste of $$$.

The room was so small and about as fancy as a Best Western. They make a weak attempt to dress the space up but it just looks cheesy. The bathroom was tiny and reminded me of a Motel 6.

The pool was a disappointment too, only 5 lounge chairs and very grungy ones at that. Some cheap towels are set out and they looked mismatched and dirty. The overall "feel" of the pool is sterile (not in a good way) and uninviting. It is essentially just a small lap pool.

This hotel just plain sucks.

Stay at the Hyatt down the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your loyalty as a Starwood Preferred Guest and sincerely apologize we failed to deliver a renewing experience for you during your visit. Needless to say, we are disappointed to hear about your experience and your disenchantment with our pool area and pool towels.

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your requests. We will share your feedback about your overall experience with our managers and will use it to improve. We would welcome an opportunity to invite you back if you so choose. Please contact our Director of Sales and Marketing at cindi.breen@westin.com if your travels bring you back to the Bellevue area to ensure your next visit exceeds your expectations. Be well.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Westin Bellevue is an ideal place to stay for a shopping getaway in the Seattle area.
This hotel is part of a large complex that includes a huge mall, movie theatre and many restaurants. We took advantage of a deal offered on weekends that included a $100 gift certificate for each night, valid at any of the businesses in the complex. And it is a very large complex. If you want to spend a day shopping, this is a great place to be.
If you want to get away from the shopping area, Old Bellevue is just a few blocks away and includes some nice restaurants. There are parks nearby and downtown Seattle is just a quick 15 minute drive away.
The hotel itself was very clean and bright and includes a pool and gym. The TV in the room included many channels, the kingsize bed was very comfortable and the rainfall shower was a nice treat.
We would definitely stay in this hotel again, especially to take advantage of this special deal offered on weekends.

Room Tip: Check this hotel's website for specials on weekends
1 Thank MarkStef
Rita S, Executive Assistant at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you took advantage of one of our many package offerings designed especially for you. Our Shopping Package is a popular choice for our guests as it includes a $100 gift certificate that can be redeemed anywhere within the Bellevue Collection . . . the place to be for inspiring fashion, artful dining and vibrant nightlife.

Your descriptive review of the features of our hotel and guestroom is very much appreciated. We’re pleased you found our signature Heavenly Bed comfortable; as many of our guests have also told us and that you enjoyed our newly designed Heavenly Shower.

Thank you for your comments regarding our convenient location to downtown. We’ll look forward to your return visit soon for another weekend shopping spree.
North Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed at other Westins and was expecting more. The lobby was dull and the rooms average. A few of the towels were frayed and there was only one bathrobe. Would not likely stay there again even though there was nothing really that bad...just nothing really that good!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us at The Westin Bellevue. Please accept our apologies if we fell short of your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel. Your comment regarding the towels will be shared with our housekeeping leaders so we may improve our service through our retraining efforts. We hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service when your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for your review.
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

While I love staying at the Westin Bellevue and they have a great weekend shopping package, this time was not so great.
I have stayed in the past and everything was wonderful, my favorite hotel, but this time, I felt like we were placed in the pet/children's wing.
A small dog yipped nearby our room until 11:30 at night while in the room on the other side of the wall had a crying baby until about the same time. I attempted to call the front desk about the dog, but our phone did not work. I went down the hall and the house phone was out also. I called from my cell phone, constant busy. I call the 1-800 number and asked if they could contact the hotel and they said they didn't do that. I told her I was in my pajamas. She said "I go to the grocery store in my pajamas" and that yes, I should go down in my pj's. WOW....!! (Actually I think I have seen a couple of those women...wink, wink).
At 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning, the children and dad start screaming and it goes until 9:30am. The walls are pretty thin, you can clearly hear every word said.
Needless to say, not much rest was to be had.
The staff were nice and apologetic and offered free breakfast which was nice but just be forewarned to request a room on a non dog floor (ours was NOT I was told afterwards. Honestly I was surprised dogs were allowed), and not near a family with children.
Otherwise, everything met expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rita S, Executive Assistant at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Bonnie,
We thank you for your loyalty, and are so sorry your recent stay with us was not as wonderful as your previous visits.

Our pet policy does allow for small dogs, but we have zero tolerance for dogs being left in the room unattended by their owners. It appears we missed catching this one though and apologize. We appreciate your letting us know about your inability to reach any of our associates, I'm sure it was very frustrating. I'm not one of those "go to the store in my PJs" women either...your sense of humor made me smile.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly the next time you are planning a visit to our hotel and I will be certain to give you a nice quiet room, where you can be at your best.
Be Well.