“Excellent location, great service, above-average room”

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed March 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed there for two nights. We were lucky that we get upgraded to a SPG room on high floor, which has a really nice view of the water. There was a big party in the room next to us in the second night. We called the front desk two times to ask them to do something about it as we could not sleep at all. We asked if it is possible to change room. Our request was immediately attended within 10 mins with a room change arranged and someone talked to the people next door. We were offered a suite, but on the 7th floor. We didn't mind losing the view since it was about midnight and we were going to check out the next day. The bedroom in the suite is not adjacent to any other room. So, Westin made sure we will not be disturbed again :)

Staff is very helpful and friendly. Bathroom amenities are average. Beddings are above-average. Parking is a bit inconvenient unless you can find a spot near the south elevator.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
cb1Seattle, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2008

Thank you for sharing your experiences and feedback relative to your recent stay at our hotel.

I am happy to see our team responded quickly when you had problems with the party next door. Sorry about those noisy neighbors, we do try to keep the volume down in the late evening, and most times are successful at doing so.

Please let us know when you will be returning, and we will be sure to take good care of you on your return visit.

The Westin Bellevue...your road to renewal. Be well.

Cynthia J. Breen
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed February 27, 2008

Wow, I can't believe we stayed in the same hotel as some of these other reviews. I booked this as a birthday surprise for my husband. We paid for a grand deluxe suite. We got a big room, but it was on the 5th floor (1st floor of the hotel). Views were city, not water, the tv and lights were defective and parts of someone else's laundry was in the closet. The worst part was that the street noise was so bad it prevented us from getting a good nights sleep. This zeroed the effect of the Heavenly Bed:-(. On checkout I mentioned these items and the good natured girl at the counter said' oh, sorry about that. Usually everyone loves that room!'.

I definitely will not go back to this Westin.

Stayed: February 2008

Hello, and my apologies for just now seeing your review posted on Trip Advisor. I thank you for your comments and feedback, and we're so sorry your stay with us was not as special as it could have been.

Normally, the Grand Deluxe rooms are an upgrade because of the four-fixture bath, high ceilings, size of the room and the balcony, but hearing your comments, it seems like we could have done better for you while you were with us.

Please give us another opportunity to provide the outstanding level of service we are known for, and if you let me know personally when you will be returning, I will upgrade you to one of our deluxe view rooms or a suite if available. You can reach me at cindi.breen@westin.com.

The Westin Bellevue...your road to renewal. Be well.

Cynthia J. Breen
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed January 16, 2008

I loved every moment of my 4 night stay here. The room was spacious, had a well stocked fridge with food & drink, large flat-screen TV and a very comfortable bed.

Housekeeping kept the room clean and tidy and all the staff were friendly.

My only negative point was that the view from my room was of a building site across the street, but the hotel have no control over that.

If you are a tourist it is at least a 10 minute taxi ride to downtown Seattle and the Space Needle. There is a shopping centre opposite the hotel with some big-name stores, but the area was very quiet at night.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2008

My girlfriend and I use to Bellevue Westin for anytime we want to have a nice mini-vacation. Our most recent stay was this past New Year's Eve.

The positives:

Friendly staff
Close to Trader Vic's
The Heavenly Bed
Clean room

The negatives:

It's hard to think of one, but my only complaint is that I was not automatically offered a room upgrade upon check-in. (I'm a Starwood Gold member.) Fortunately, the clerk gave us an upgrade once I asked if any were available.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I stayed at the Westin Bellevue for two nights, and it was absolutely wonderful! The staff were friendly, the beds lived up to their "Heavenly" moniker, and the rooms were spacious. The hotel is also conveniently located right across from Bellevue Square, which makes it handy to pop out for shopping. The only drawback I found with the hotel is that it did not offer recycling. For an eco-friendly city such as Seattle, I was surprised that rooms weren't equipped with "blue boxes" for recycleable goods. With that said, I would still definitely make the Westin Bellevue a "must stay" on my next trip to the Seattle area.

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed December 19, 2007

I stayed at the Westin in Bellevue while attending a conference on the Microsoft campus. This was the hotel for all conference attendees, and Microsoft chose well. The location is fantastic, right in the middle of downtown Bellevue and close to great restaurants and shopping. Very convenient.

The rooms were very comfortable as well. Flat panel TV, good desk area for getting some work done, and the bed... The Heavenly beds are truly are heavenly. They are the only hotel beds I really look forward to sleeping in.

You have to pay for Internet which I hate, but that i pretty typical f hotels. I always bring along a Sprint card for my laptop so I use that instead.

If you're looking for a place to stay in Bellevue or Redmond, you can't go wrong with the Westin.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2007

Very nice hotel and would stay there every chance I get. The room was beautifully decorated and extremely clean. The hotel had both wireless and wired internet, but I couldn’t get a signal in my room. The hotel let me borrow a network cable since I couldn’t get a signal (usually they charge for it). I think the normal rack rate for this hotel is $300-$400, which is a little over priced, but I got to stay on corporate rate.
Pros:
+ Bed was very comfortable
+ Nice work area
+ HD Television
+ VERY convenient to shopping and restaurants.
Cons:
+ This room had poor room view, overlooked mechanics of adjoining build, but I was there on business and wasn’t there during the day anyway.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business