“Very good”

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Kiev, Ukraine
“Very good”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

It is very good hotel in a nice location of Bellevue. The Pearl is just next door where you can spend time with nice girls and good beer.
Stuff is excellent and helpful.
Liked Starbucks coffe maker in the room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
cb1Seattle, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you so much for the perfect 5 review, and to see it come up on St. Patrick's Day was even more inspiring, with your good beer reference! We are pleased you enjoyed the in-room Starbuck's coffee, our location, and your evening at Pearl, and will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Be well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I've been to this hotel a few times, and its in a good location for shopping/restaurants -- pretty much anything you'd want is within a few minutes.

Booked two rooms for the shopping package on the SPG/Hotel website, and its a great value. There was also no requirement to spend each $100 certificate in one shot, what you didn't spend you got back in cash.

Decided to try the $50/night room upgrade offer (on the confirmation email) for the Executive Suite. It was a good idea for us in that we have a small child so having a separate bedroom was helpful. Keep in mind that there is only one Exec. Suite per floor, so our other room was directly one floor below us.

My trip this time around wasn't as perfect as my last review -- and this time I'd attribute that to the generally indifferent staff. Apart from the very friendly service via email the week before and the initial check-in, I was far from impressed with those at the front desk. I'd go as far as suggesting they were rude at times when I was inquiring about the poor wireless Internet reception (yes, I also waited for 25 mins. on the Starwood telephone Help Line), the handling of a noise/security issue, or when I asked for an explanation of the room charges. Telling me that "I'm not sure", or "the computer just prints it this way" isn't helpful.

Pros: Comfortable beds, nice view of the lake and Seattle in the distance, location is close to shopping/restaurants, great pool, free self parking on weekends (the parkade is a maze!)

Cons: Staff could be more accommodating/willing to assist vs. deflect and "I don't know". The Executive Suite main bedroom is nice but the lounge portion is a bit too narrow/felt cramped. Agreed with the other posters about the TP in the bathroom, not good! Internet reception was often terrible or not working at all.

I'm not sure if I'd necessarily try this hotel for my next visit... I guess if the price were right, but I'm now more open to trying one of the other nearby hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 457khz
First, let me say thank you for sharing your candid comments relative to our staff and the service challenges you encountered during your most recent stay, even though they are so different from your previous post. As a property who prides itself on helping to contribute to the well being of our guests, it was very disheartening to hear we missed the opportunity to do so with you and your family this time. We've taken your comments seriously, and while the majority of our associates are customer service champions, we will continue to work with our teams to further enhance their personal growth along the way.

We're glad to hear you did enjoy our Heavenly Beds, location, pool, shopping in the neighborhood, and our complimentary self parking on the weekends. I wanted to also let you know about the 2nd bedroom that is available as a connecting room to the Executive Suite parlor, which may be another option if you need more than one room. Not sure if you saw the replies to the earlier posts about our paper products in the guestrooms, but that has been addressed as well.

Again please accept our apologies, and please feel free to reach out to me personally if you would like to talk more about your stay, or when you are ready to return to Bellevue, and I would be happy to ensure your next escape is as it should be...inspiring.

Cynthia Breen
425-638-1010
cindi.breen@westin.com
vancouver
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I love this property! Located right in the heart of Bellevue you can park your car (for FREE on weekends) and simply walk to the mall, movies and LOTS of restaurants. Westin staff are warm and friendly and were happy to look up the movie times for us when the concierge wasn't available. Some views look on to the building roof next door so try and get a higher floor whenever possible. Weekends are simply a great time to escape here!

Room Tip: The higher floors offer better views and are farther away from the roof of the building next door!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cb1Seattle, Director of Sales & Marketing at The Westin Bellevue, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for the lovely review of our property, and we are so pleased you found our staff warm and friendly during your stay. We will be sure to pass along your kind comments, and look forward to welcoming you back soon...there is always something to explore here within the Bellevue Collection!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Clean and comfortable room. Many restaurants and shopping within walking distance

• Stayed February 2012
Dublin
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin Bellevue. It's in a great downtown location that's easy to get to from SeaTac airport (taxi, shuttle, or public bus). The rooms are high quality and offer a very good work area (bring a mouse mat if your mouse can't cope with shiny surfaces) and a in-room Starbucks coffee brewer that provided excellent service early in the morning. The bed was well up to Westin's "heavenly" standard. The bathroom was a tad cramped by comparison with other Westins as there wasn't a walk-in shower and everything seemed to be fitted into a small space. Not a big deal, but it could be a disappointment when compared to other Westin hotels.

Apart from some breakfast buffets provided by the conference that I attended, I didn't eat at the Westin. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants of all types (the Pearl across from the hotel's main entrance was particularly good) so I never felt the need to stay in.

I do agree with a previous review that the quality of the toilet paper seemed low for a hotel that aspires to offer a luxury experience. No doubt someone from housekeeping will be able to say why the tissue is so thin!

Overall, this is a very good hotel that I will use again when I visit Bellevue/Redmond on business.

Room Tip: I liked the room that I had at the corner of the building overlooking Bellevue and the mountains. Wh...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 12Knocksinna
Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel, and we are pleased you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and the in-room Starbucks coffee, an energizing must for those early morning work days! You mentioned the bath not having a walk in shower, so I wanted to let you know we do have another room type that you might enjoy the next time you're with us, called our Grand Deluxe. It does have a luxurious walk in shower with a separate whirlpool bathtub, and quite a bit more space in the bathroom than our traditional rooms. Also, I addressed the previous post about the quality of our toilet tissue, as it was a simple ordering mistake which has since been corrected.

Again, thank you for the time you took to post your positive review, and we'll look forward to welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to Bellevue.

Slante!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Westin is a Westin very reliable.. my boy friend travels all year for his job and we go great places and stay at great hotels.. was looking forward to the Westin, in Bellevue, WA.
As Usual.. Great Beds, Nice sheets, clean room.. but I was surprised by the WORLDS WORST TOILET TISSUE !!! great location.. nice staff! Horrid toilet paper! can you tell I was truamutized? There is NO EXCUSE for Recycled feeling Toilet Tissue and Face Tissue ! Next time he books that particular Westin .. I will bring the CHARMIN !

Room Tip: Great Location.. Bring your own Charmin
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
So very sorry about the toilet paper issue you experienced while you were here last month, it was our mistake. One of our team members accidently ordered the wrong product from our vendor, and indeed it was a recycled green brand which went into many of the guestrooms before we realized it. We do have many sustainability initiatives at our hotel that we are very proud of, however, this wasn't one of them....again, our apologies to anyone who suffered through the time it took before we were able to change out to our usual comfy brand.

Be well, and come visit us again soon, no need to bring the Charmin!
port orchard
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Excellent location. Steps to Bellevue square and several kid friendly restaurants. Lunch at CPK, dinner at Cheesecake Factory no problem. Large pool, fairly complete gym and LA fitness is a block away. Free self-parking, expensive valet. Good service over-all, really nice, clean room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
We're so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with your family, and that you found some of the kid friendly restaurants here in the neighborhood. Next time you come, try out the fresh, warm skillet cornbread at Z Tejas, one of my daughter's favorites! Thank you for the nice review, and we hope to welcome you back soon...

Be well.